Homecoming Office Decorating Contest
Vote for your favorite!
Our "Paint It Green" office decorating contest inspired 14 offices to participate, each showcasing their creativity and dedication. The Homecoming Planning Committee carefully selected the top five contenders. Now it's up to you to vote for your favorite and help determine the winner of the Homecoming 2023 "Paint It Green" Office Decorating Contest! Vote today!
We would like to express our gratitude to everyone who participated in the contest! Your passion and commitment are truly inspiring. Thank you for helping us to "Paint It Green" across campus!
About the Contest
A particularly fun part of homecomings in the past, we are bringing back the popular Homecoming Office Decorating Contest. This successful activity is an easy way for an office/department to show their school pride and our theme this year is really fun to incorporate. We hope to see offices across campus decorated in the EMU colors! Below are the rules to enter along with information about our exciting prize for the winning office.
- To enter, please complete this form Participating offices will need to submit the "Paint it Green Homecoming Office Decorating Contest" entry form (includes contact, office location, number of staff - should they win, etc.)
- New this year, the Homecoming Committee will be providing each office that participates with an optional kit of decorations to help get them started. Additional information regarding kit contents and pickup location will be provided.
- Each office may not spend more than $100 on (additional) supplies for the contest.
- Offices must be decorated by Monday Oct. 2.
- The Homecoming Committee will select the top 5 choices on Monday Oct. 2 by 5:00 p.m and will take pictures on their rounds for the virtual "Popular Voting Contest."
- Voting signs will be placed at each location directing passersby to the voting form throughout the week. Campus community is encouraged to visit the finalists but photos will be provided for voting online.
- The virtual Popular Voting Contest will take place Tuesday Oct. 3 - Friday Oct. 6 till 3:00 p.m. The winning office will be announced on Friday 10/6 at 5:00 p.m. on EMU Today and on EMU social media channels.
- Participating offices must take a staff photo in space as part of submission for the contest (photos can be emailed to [email protected])
- The winning office will receive a suite for up to 20 guests in the South End Zone for the October 14 home football game against Kent State (donated by EMU Athletics). In addition to the suite, food vouchers to the Little Caesars Food Truck (located behind the tent) will be provided for the game.