To make the check-in process more efficient and convenient for students (and the environment), the UHS is now using iPad check-in exclusively. When you arrive for your appointment, you can check-in on the iPads and do the following:
- Update your phone number
- Fill out consent forms
- Answer a short questionnaire about your appointment
NOTE: Make sure to sign in to the UHS Portal and fill out the Health History form prior to your first appointment!
The UHS can now send you appointment reminders and notifications about messages on your Patient Portal page! Other universities have implemented text messaging appointment reminders and have found that it decreases missed appointments and increases patient satisfaction!>
Sign up is quick and easy:
- Sign in to the Portal with your my.emich username (netid) and password
- Click "Enable Text Messages" on your Home page, OR
- If you do not see the "Enable Text Messages" message, navigate to your Profile page and click the "Edit" button on the right of the line that says "Mobile Phone Carrier: Select Carrier to Enable Text Message Appointment Reminders"
- On the "Edit Mobile Phone" page, add your mobile phone number and then select your mobile phone carrier, then click "Continue"
- Check that your mobile phone number and mobile phone carrier are correct, then click "Confirm"
- You will be taken back to your Profile page, where the Mobile Phone Carrier line will now say "Mobile Phone Carrier: [Your Mobile Phone Carrier] (Text Message Appointment Reminder Enabled)."
Congratulations! You have enable text message appointment reminders.
If, for some reason, you would like to disable text message appointment reminders, navigate to your Profile page and edit your Mobile Phone Carrier (see steps 3 through 5 above) to "None." Once you confirm this change, text reminders will be disabled.
Anyone with an emu netid and password can log in and complete health history forms, patient appointment questionaires, schedule an appointment online, send a secure message to a nurse, receive a secure message from a nurse or clinician (for example-lab results), print a copy of any tb tests or immunizations done at UHS and print a copy of their receipts.
Problems accessing the portal? Call 734.487.1122 during business hours, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us what problem you are having with the portal. Never submit personal medical information in email.
Faculty & Staff: Pneumococcal Vaccines at UHS
You can receive your Pneumococcal (PPSV 23)vaccine at UHS and have it covered by blue cross blue shield of Michigan. Call 487.1122 for information or an appointment.