Eastern Michigan University
The Veteran Services Office would like to welcome you to Eastern Michigan University (EMU). We have prepared this handbook to help you understand the policies and procedure on receiving your VA Educational Benefits, to ensure that you are receiving all benefits you are entitled to.
All of Eastern Michigan University (EMU) Degrees and Certificates have been approved. You can visit www.emich.edu/academics for a complete updated list of programs available at EMU. To receive VA Educational Benefits observe the following:
- Apply for VA Educational Benefits at www.gibill.va.gov
(a) If you have never utilized VA Educational Benefits before, complete:
- VA Form 22-1990 for Active Duty Service, Reservist and National Guard
- VA Form 22-5490 for Spouses / Dependents’ and John Fry Scholarship
- VA Form 22-1990e for Transfer of Entitlement
- VA Form 22-1995 for Active Duty Service, reservist and National Guard
- VA Form 22-5495 for Spouses / Dependents’ and John fry Scholarship
- Apply for admission to College and be admitted
- Declare a major and minor (if applicable) (where so they submit)
- Request an official copy of all your Military Transcripts and College Transcripts (if applicable) – (include how to request)
- Register for classes
The amount of your VA Educational Benefits will be based on the type of benefits you are eligible to receive, the amount of credit hours you schedule, and current VA payment rates.
For the current VA payment rates, please visit www.gibill.va.gov/resources/benefits_resources