Athletic Hall of Fame
In 1976, the E-Club Letterwinners Alumni Chapter established the Eastern Michigan University E-Club Athletic Hall of Fame. The E-Club is proud to preserve the pride, tradition, and recognition of EMU athletics. The Hall of Fame honors men and women whose exceptional performance in athletics merits special recognition from their alma mater. Each year, the E-Club Athletic Hall of Fame class is honored at an annual induction ceremony and sporting event.
Athletic Hall of Fame members are permanently displayed in the E-Club Athletic Hall of Fame located in the atrium on the main floor of the EMU Convocation Center. Athletic Hall of Fame Members
- The candidate must have earned at least 1 varsity letter in 1 sport, if varsity letters were available at the time of their participation.
- The candidates' class must have graduated at least 5 years prior to their selection.
- A coach or administrative candidate must have served at least 5 years in a coaching or administrative position at EMU.
- The record of the candidate should be so outstanding that, in the opinion of the selection committee, there is no question as to their qualifications for the Hall of Fame.
- In order for their nomination to be accepted, the candidate must be able to be present to accept their award in person, unless deceased.
- If they are unable to attend, their candidacy will be moved to the next year's class. After 2 years the nominee will go back to the general candidate pool.
- Anyone may submit a candidate for nomination.
- Nomination should be submitted on a nomination form, submitted with as much historical information on their participation as possible.
Congratulations to the 2019 award recipients: View here.
Ron Oestrike Distinguished Service Award
The Ronald Oestrike award is dedicated to the service and excellence he brought to the athletic department and to the E-Club. The Ronald Oestrike Distinguished Service Award was developed to reward outstanding service to the EMU Athletic Department and/or the E-Club. Any interested party may nominate a deserving individual by submitting the nomination form to the E-Club President.
- At least 5 years of membership in the E-Club or Athletic club, and/or 5 years of continuous employment at EMU.
- Demonstrated accomplishments within athletics and/or programs developed for advancement or recognition within EMU.
- Candidates do not have to be eligible for induction into the EMU Athletic Hall of Fame or be a former student-athlete.
For more information on the E-Club Alumni Chapter visit: eclubletterwinners.com.