- Ph.D., Kinesiology, University of Michigan (2008)
- MS, Exercise Physiology, Michigan State University (2002)
- BS, Exercise Science, Eastern Michigan University (2000)
- Herman, C.W., Conlon, A.C., Rubenfire, M., Burghardt, A.R., McGregor, S.J. "The Very High Mortality in Professional Wrestlers Is Primarily Due to Cardiovascular Disease". In Preparation; Expected Journal Submission is February 2013 to Archives of Internal Medicine or PLOS Medicine.
- Stocker, A., Herman, C.W., McGregor, S.J. "A Comprehensive Summary and Analysis of IronmanTM Performance Data from 2002–2011". (2013). In Review; Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise (suppl.); American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting.
- Kerrigan, D.J., Walton, R.V. Herman, C.W., Carlin, A.C., Genaw, J., Szymanski, W., Ehrman, J.K. "Reductions in Muscular Strength Following Bariatric Surgery Are Proportional to Weight Loss". (2013). In Review; Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise (suppl.); American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting.
- Boynton, J.R., Shetron-Rama, L., Herman, C., Workman, A.D., Muth, T., Gordon, J., Ratz, I., Maino, Z. (2012). "Reactive Oxygen Species Merkers After Multiple Wingate Bouts in Trained and Untrained Subjects". Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 44(5): S214–215.
- Wall, L., Busa, M.A., Muth, T., Hornyak, J., Herman, C., Bollt, E., McGregor, S. (2012). "Using High Resolution Accelerometers In Addition to Laboratory Measures Strongly Predicts 10K Running Performance". Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 44(5): S556.
- Stickel, A.C., Busa, M.C., Wall, L., Muth, T., Hornyak, J., Herman, C., Bollt, E., McGregor, S. (2012). "High Resolution Accelerometers In Conjunction With Laboratory and Performance Measures Accurately Predict Performance In 3000m." Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 44(5): S556–557.
- McGregor, S.J., Boynton, J.R., Shetron-Rama, L.S., Herman, C., Workman, A.D., Muth, T., Gordon, J, Ratz, I., Maino, Z. (2012). "Power and VO2 During Three Consecutive Wingates in Untrained Individuals Compared to Trained Cyclists". Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 44(5): S389.
- SPMD 431 Pathology of Sports Medicine
- SPMD 144 Introduction to Exercise Science
- SPMD 407 Fitness Center Management
- SPMD 555 Statistics and Design for Performance
- SPMD 508 Exercise Epidemiology
- SPMD 300 Physiology of Exercise
Chris has been a professor in the Exercise Science Program since the fall of 2007. His research interests include studying the relationship between exercise and chronic disease (e.g. cancer and cardiovascular disease), as well as exercise and sport performance from an epidemiological point of view. Chris has been a recipient of the EMU New Faculty Research Award (2008), EMU CHHS Distinguished Alumni Award in Exercise Science (2007), and Outstanding Midwest American College of Sports Medicine Graduate Student of the Year (2005). He has also received numerous professor recognitions from EMU athletes (2009–2011). Chris has served as the HPHP Liaison to the EMU Office of Academic Assessment, and has been a member of the EMU Undergraduate Symposium Planning Committee since 2007. He has also served as the Faculty Sponsor of the Exercise Science Student Organization from 2008–2013.