Dr. Susan Gregory
Professor and Program Coordinator
Hotel & Restaurant Management
School of Technology and Professional Services Management
202E Roosevelt Hall
EducationDoctorate in Recreation and Leisure Management from Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 1992.
Interests and ExpertiseService marketing, hospitality technology, lodging management.
- HRM 385 Global Hospitality Management (academic study abroad)
- HRM 470 Hospitality Industry Marketing
- HRM Quality Service Management
- HRM 460 Advance Food Service Management
- HRM 496 Strategies in Hospitality Management
- HRM 609 Advance Topics in Food systems
- HRM 640 Contemporary Issues in Hospitality Strategy
- Plachynda, D. & Gregory, S. (2013). Open book management: the Case of Zingerman’s Deli. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Cases. 2
- Banfield, J. & Gregory, S. (2013). The androids are coming: Convergence of technology and restaurants. I-CHRIE Conference and trade Show, July 24, 2013, St. Louis, MO.
- DiPietro, R. & Gregory, S. (2012). A comparative study of customer perceptions regarding green restaurant practices: Fast food vs. upscale casual restaurants. FIU Review 30(1).
- Breiter, D. & Gregory, S. (2011). Corporate social responsibility and the impact of RFPs in the meetings and events industry. EuroCHRIE Conference- Dubrovnik, Croatia, October 2011.
- DiPietro, R., Gregory, S. & Jackson, A. (2010). Going green in quick service restaurants: Customer Perceptions and Intentions. International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Administration.
- Wright, S., Gregory, S. & Kalaian, S. (2010) Environmental Purchasing Practices and Environmental Beliefs. Journal of Foodservice Business Research 14(2).
- Douglas, M.R., & Gregory, S. (2009). Not all politics are local: Exploring the role of meetings and events management in the political arena. Journal of Convention & Event Tourism. 10 (2) p134-145.
- Gregory, S. (2008). Franchising, Referral Organizations, and third-party distribution. In Brymer. Robert & Hashimoto, Kathryn (eds.), Hospitality: An Introduction Textbook (13th edition). Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company, Dubuque, IA
- Burns, J. & Gregory, S. (2007). Changing foodservice systems: A Balancing act between patient satisfaction and costs. Journal of Foodservice Business Research. (10)4, 63-78.
- Gregory, S. & Beck, J.(2006). The activities, training, and reporting relationships of today's revenue managers. Marketing Review, 23(3), 60-69.
- Gregory, S., McTyre, C., & DiPietro, R. (2006). Fast food to healthy food: A Paradigm shift. International Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Administration, (7)4, 43-64.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Awards and PatentsStephen Fletcher Achievement Award, Council of Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Education (CHRIE), 2006. The Stevenson W. Fletcher Achievement Award recognizes an individual educator or trainer for outstanding achievement in contributing innovative ideas, methods or programs that have advanced teaching, learning or practice in the field of hospitality and tourism education. The award recipient must demonstrate exceptional professional ability and/or commitment through service to I-CHRIE and/or to the hospitality industry and education.
Additional Information* Program Coordinator of Hotel and Restaurant Management - 2002-present.
* Earned doctorate in Recreation and Leisure Management from Temple University – Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
* Strong publication record in refereed academic journals and popular press.
* Extensive teaching at the university and community college level.
* Owned and operated two pizza and pasta restaurants – Denver, Colorado.
* Front office manager at Sheraton Convention Hotel and Conference Center – Madison, Wisconsin.
* Board Member – Conventions and Visitors Bureau - Fort Collins, Colorado.