The Latino/a Faculty and Staff Association (LFSA) established a scholarship to assist Latino/a students in their pursuits of academic excellence. For consideration, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be enrolled as a degree-seeking student at the time of application and award
- Minimum 2.5 cumulative EMU grade point average (GPA) required
- Demonstrate active involvement in the Latino/a and/or university community (address in résumé and/or personal statement)
- Attendance at the César Chávez Celebration on Wednesday, March 20th is required
Scholarship Opens in February!
Deadline: March 1st
- Submit a résumé.
- Provide a well thought out typed personal statement advising the selection committee of your academic goals and objectives, involvement in the Latino/a community, and your financial need.
- Confirmation of your cumulative grade point average (GPA) will be verified internally.
A committee will meet in mid-March to review completed applications and select winners. Scholarship recipients will be selected based on overall quality of application, which may include academic standing, community and volunteer service, clarity of personal statement and résumé. Scholarship awards may vary, depending upon the number of winners selected; minimum scholarship amount is $250.