Transport Options from DTW (Detroit Airport) to Ypsilanti:
- Rideshare: Uber and Lyft operate in our area.
- Other transport options:
- Metro Shuttle, 734.507.9220, $40 one way, shared ride. You do need to book. They have wheelchair accessible shuttles.
- Another option is a limo service like Metroride, $58, but you do not have to wait for others. Again, you have to book: 800.320.1683
(all clumped together, all about two miles from EMU)
Days Inn Ann Arbor (sometimes as low as 49 dollars a night)
2380 Carpenter Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Comfort Inn and Suites (circa 70 per night)
2376 Carpenter Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Ann Arbor Regent Hotel (circa 100 per night)
2455 Carpenter Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
If you are looking at AirBnB, there are local options, but few are wheelchair accessible. Check the local public transport network to see how far you are from EMU.
There’s a local food chain, Palm Palace, just next to these hotels (also Bob Evans and Red Lobster). A bus stop is also nearby, but you have to cross a bigger street (Carpenter). The (wheelchair accessible) bus goes straight to EMU (in about 20 minutes).
Restaurants near EMU (10 min walking from Student Center)
- Tower Inn: Italian food
- The Wurst Bar: Gourmet Brats, Burgers and Beers
Food at EMU's Student Center
- Starbucks: Coffee, Tea, Pastries
- Sono: Burritos, Nachos, Tacos
- Mondo Subs: Fresh Sub Sandwiches
- Smashburger: Burgers and Fries