What is Starfish?
Starfish is a retention tool facilitating communication among students, faculty and staff. It provides an easy way for students to reach out for assistance; for faculty to provide feedback to students; and for all users to actively engage in a student’s opportunities for success.
Why EMU is Using Starfish
Based on experiences from other universities, Starfish is expected to:
- Enhance communication between instructors, advisors and staff
- Ensure students receive the help they need
- Provide an intuitive and easy to use website
- Save faculty time coordinating student support resources
- Improve student and program success
- Increase the number of students successfully completing courses
- Improve graduation rates