EMU & United Way of Washtenaw County 2019 Workplace Campaign
February 2019 - March 2019
(Payroll deduction through March 29, 2019)
Why does EMU participate in United Way of Washtenaw County’s annual campaign?
- EMU has participated in the United Way Workplace Campaign for years. We are not unlike WCC, University of Michigan, the County government and businesses large and small who host donation and pledge campaigns for our local the United Way.
- In Washtenaw County, the United Way works alongside the County government, St. Joe's, and the Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation to coordinate funding and thus leverage local dollars to ensure that our most vulnerable and needy members of the community are being served and supported.
- Many of the organizations which the United Way supports directly support our EMU community including Ypsilanti Meals on Wheels, Child Care Network, Ozone House and Hope Clinic. There is little distance between the communities and people which United Way supports and serves and our own EMU community.
- Throughout the campaign we will highlight EMU students and staff who have been impacted by the United Way.
In 2018, EMU employees and emeritus faculty & staff gave generously to support our local United Way – donations increased by 23% compared to the previous year!
Let’s continue that success in 2019 because your investment in our local United Way is needed:
14% of Washtenaw County residents live in poverty.
37% of Washtenaw County residents struggle to afford basic needs.
- People of color are 2x more likely to live in poverty.
How to donate:
Most departments of the University have an Area Captain who can locate information on the Campaign, including resources and pledge materials. If not, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about your Area Captain.
Regular employees may pledge/donate using the e-pledge system. All other
employees (including part-time lecturers, employee consultants, temporary employees,
and student employees) may donate using a pledge card .
More information on United Way of Washtenaw is available here: www.uwwashtenaw.org
Questions on this year's campaigns? Contact co-chairs:
Making A Difference: Highlighting Local Nonprofit Executive Directors As Part Of Black History Month