EMU and United Way of Washtenaw County 2020 Workplace Campaign
February 2020 - March 2020
Why does EMU participate in United Way of Washtenaw County’s annual campaign?
- EMU has participated in the United Way Workplace Campaign for years. We are not unlike WCC, the University of Michigan, the County government and businesses large and small who host donations and pledge campaigns for our local the United Way.
- In Washtenaw County, the United Way works alongside the County government, St. Joe's, and the Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation to coordinate funding and thus leverage local dollars to ensure that our most vulnerable and needy members of the community are being served and supported.
- Many of the organizations which the United Way supports directly support our EMU community including Ypsilanti Meals on Wheels, Child Care Network, Ozone House and Hope Clinic. There is little distance between the communities and people that United Way supports and serves and our own EMU community.
- Throughout the campaign we will highlight EMU students and staff who have been impacted by the United Way.
In 2019, EMU employees and emeritus faculty & staff gave generously to support our local United Way – final donations reached $66,532!
Let’s continue that success in 2020 because your investment in our local United Way is needed:
- 12% of Washtenaw County residents live in poverty.
- 39% of Washtenaw County residents struggle to afford basic needs.
- People of color are 2x more likely to live in poverty.
How to Donate
Most departments of the University have an Area Captain who can locate information on the Campaign, including resources and pledge materials. If not, please contact us at [email protected] to inquire about your Area Captain.
Regular employees may pledge/donate using the e-pledge system. All other employees (including part-time lecturers, employee consultants, temporary employees,and student employees) may donate using a pledge card.
More information on United Way of Washtenaw is available here: www.uwwashtenaw.org
Questions on this year's campaigns?
Questions on pledges please contact Madeline Mortimer at [email protected].
United Way's 21 Day Equity Challenge Resources:
- Washtenaw United Highlights "Black men Read" - A program to support Washtenaw County youth and change lives
- What Does Housing Affordability Look like in Washtenaw County?
- Early Childhood Makes a Difference to Washtenaw County Youth