BOARD OF REGENTS MEETING: The EMU Board of Regents will hold its next Board Meeting today, Feb. 5, at 1:30 p.m. in room 201, Welch Hall. Below is the schedule for the committee meetings, which will be held in Welch Hall.
- Athletic Affairs Committee: 9:30 - 10:15 a.m., Room 201
- Educational Policies Committee: 9:30 - 10:15 a.m., Room 205
- Faculty Affairs Committee: 10:30 – 11:15 a.m., Room 205
- Student Affairs Committee: 10:30 – 11:15 a.m., Room 201
- Finance and Investment Committee: 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m., Room 201
Please note that the following items will be prohibited at all meetings of the Board of Regents:
- Sticks and poles
- Any noise making devices
- Backpacks are allowed, but subject to search as needed
According to EMU Board Policy 9.4, no person shall possess or use any firearm or other dangerous weapon, concealed or otherwise, on property owned, leased or controlled by the University or otherwise in the course of University business. Further, no person shall possess or use explosive materials, incendiary devices or other dangerous objects or substances on property owned, leased or controlled by the University or otherwise in the course of University business.
We ask that you respect the spirit of this forum and allow all speakers the opportunity to speak and conduct official business. Behavior that disrupts the event or prevents speakers from being heard, or from being able to continue, is prohibited. Failure to comply may result in criminal and/or student conduct code sanctions. For additional information or questions, please visit the Board of Regents homepage or contact Vicki Reaume at 487-2410 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The room capacity for 201 Welch Hall, as dictated by the building code, is 135 individuals. Guests are encouraged to arrive early to ensure seating. For any guests beyond the capacity limit, a viewing room with a live feed of the Board of Regents proceedings will be located in 205 Welch Hall, immediately across from the meeting in 201 Welch Hall.
FLU VACCINATION AND TB SCREENING CLINIC: The EMU University Health Services will have a Flu Vaccination and TB Screening Clinic today, Feb. 5, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Snow Health Center. Free vaccinations are still available to students who qualify. Future dates for these clinics are: Wednesday, Feb. 17 (Flu Vaccinations only) and Monday, Mar. 7 (Flu Vaccinations & TB Screenings). For questions, contact Snow Health Center at 487-1122.
EMU AND COMMUNITY PARTNERS WATER DRIVE TO HELP FLINT RESIDENTS: A Flint Water Drive is under way on EMU's campus and at several community partner sites until Friday, Feb. 12. The goal is to receive more than 500 cases of bottled water, along with gallon and five-gallon containers of water to help Flint residents with the water crisis. The water delivery will occur on Friday, Feb. 12. The donation sites and their associated drop off hours are:
- The EMU Convocation Center (Loading Dock), located at 799 N. Hewitt Rd., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- The EMU Student Center (west entrance circle drive, drop off at information desk inside), located at 900 Oakwood St., 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday-Friday
- The Ypsilanti Community Schools Administration Building, located at 1885 Packard Rd., 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Ypsilanti Community High School, 2095 Packard Rd., 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Gene Butman Ford, 2105 Washtenaw Ave., 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Friday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays.
- Ypsilanti City Fire Department, 525 W. Michigan Ave., 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily.
The EMU departments involved include the Athletics Department, Student Government, various student organizations, The Honors College, Bright Futures, VISION Office, EMU Housing and Residence Life and EMU Campus Life. For more information or to volunteer to help during the Flint Water Drive, contact Evan Sweet at email@example.com.
SUBMIT AN EVENT TO THE EMU EVENT CALENDAR: To submit an event to the EMU event calendar, click on Submit an Event, or go to the EMU homepage, click on "calendars," then click the green button labeled "Submit an Event" (located on the bottom left) and enter your event information. All events are subject to approval.
SUBMISSIONS FOR POSTING IN EMU TODAY: EMU Today is an internal daily e-blast sent to the faculty and staff. To submit an announcement or post an event, please forward your entry electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to format your entry with a title and include a description of the event, where the event will be held (room and building), the date and time, and a contact name, phone number and/or e-mail address. For questions, contact Debra Johnson at 487-2484 or email at email@example.com.
NOTE: An asterisk denotes a new item.