Part-time Lecturer Pay Setup (FLAC)
If you are an Academic Department Secretary, Academic Department Head, School Director, or Associate Dean, you may be a participant in the setup of Part-Time Lecturer's pay. FLAC is the process that combines schedule information with instructor information to pay them for their teaching assignments. The FLAC system is used to process most Part-Time Lecturer assignments for payroll. The only exceptions are Part-Time Lecturers who are paid using an Equivalency (such as paying someone the equivalent of four (4) credit hours for teaching a three (3) credit hour course).
Support & Contact Info
- Contact Academic Human Resources for more information or if you have any questions about the Part-Time Lecturer (FLAC) pay setup process.
- FLAC Data Entry in Banner - Before you enter any of the following FLAC data, you need to have the course section created and the instructor assigned to the section. Then you will assign a PL contract type (SIAINST) and then add the contract type, position number, and position number suffix to each teaching assignment.Visit the Faculty Load and Compensation (FLAC) guide for more information.
- FLAC Data Review in My.Emich - Once the FLAC extract has run overnight, you will be able to review your FLAC data in My.Emich. Visit the Faculty Load and Compensation (FLAC) guide for more information.
- Faculty Assignment Review (FLAC) Report - Track Part-time Lecturer assignments processed using FLAC via this BOE report:
- Navigate to the Student Information >> Course & Section Reports >> Faculty Assignment Review FLAC report.
- Right-click the Faculty Assignment Review FLAC report listing and select View from the list.
- Select the desired term code in the Enter Term Code field.
- Double-click to select the desired department from the Department list.
- Click the OK button.
- The Compensation Amount will not appear here until the extract is run overnight.
- If you edit anything in Banner after the extract has run, you can restart the record in order to run the extract manually.
- If you restart the record, you will be able to view the updated data in My.Emich and this report immediately.
The Class Sections - No Faculty Assigned Report - The Class Sections - No Faculty Assigned report is also useful for monitoring your sections. This report will show sections with no faculty assigned, whether you are paying them with FLAC or not.