EMU creates a culture of assessment through collaborative planning, systematic implementation, and rigorous analysis of collected data to make informed decisions that enhance opportunities for students to learn and to strengthen all curricular and co-curricular areas.
EMU expects all curricular and co-curricular areas to generate and implement learning goals, collect relevant data, and use on-going assessment processes for continuous improvement.
Responsibilities of the University Assessment Committee
- Coordinate assessment activities that may affect multiple colleges and units
- Align assessment policy and practice with HCL accreditation requirement
- Discuss, identify, and implement assessment programs that may be applicable in multiple colleges and units
- Communicate assessment findings and advocate the use of assessment results for improvement.
- Coordinate and advocate the use of technology in assessment Coordinate assessment-related trainings and workshops
- Share best practices in assessment
- Coordinate and maintain an appropriate website(s) for assessment