Ph.D., Doctor of Philosophy in Technology, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI
MS, Technology Studies, Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, MI
BS, Criminal Justice, Michigan State University, E. Lansing, MI
- 28 years in State Government
- National security, strategic management, and innovation
TM130: Introduction to Technology Management
TM212: The Management of Technological Change
TM311: Information Technology Management and Organizations
TM314W: Socio-Technical systems Approach to Process Improvement
TM415: Senior Seminar in Technology Management
TS505: Technology and society
TS506: Patterns of change in Technology and Culture
TS508: Contemporary Issues in Technology
STS300W: Research and Writing: Technology Career Perspective
ET100: Introduction to Engineering Technology
IA479: Cyber Intelligence
IA592: Cyber Intelligence II
IA329: Policy Development in Information Security
- McAllen, D.. Policy Constraints on Technological Innovation. Paper presented at the Society for the History of Technology (SHOT) Conference, Dearborn, MI, Nov., 2014.
- Downs, G. and McAllen, D.. How much do they know? A Study of the Foundational Knowledge of Incoming Technology Management Undergraduates. Paper to be presented at the 2015 Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET) Conference, Portland, OR, August, 2015.
- McAllen, D., Downs, G., and Ascani, H., The Relationship between Prior Military Education and Academic Performance in a Technology Management Undergraduate Program. 2013 Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET) Conference, San Jose, CA, July, 2013.
- Downs, G. and McAllen, D. Exploring Military Service and Performance in Online Classes. The Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration (OJDLA). Winter, 2014.
- McAllen, D., National Values and Technology Innovation: A Study on Inclusive and Exclusive Relationships. Midwest Research Symposium, University of Toledo, March, 2011.
- Downs, G. and McAllen, D., The Effect of Intrinsic Motivation on Success in a Technology Management Undergraduate Program. Paper presented at the 2012 Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET) Conference, Vancouver, CA, July, 2012.
- McAllen, D., Unintended Consequences: The Relationship between National Security Policy and Technology Innovation. EMU Research Conference, Ypsilanti, MI, March, 2011.
- McAllen, D., The Role of Knowledge Transference in the Sustainability of Technology Innovation, EMU Graduate Research Conference, Ypsilanti, MI, March, 2010.
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
PICMET, Technology Management National Organization
SHOT, Society for the History of Technology
DEC, Detroit Economic Club
PMI, Project Management Institute
MCWT, Michigan Council of Women in Technology
AAUW, American Association of University Women
Epsilon Pi Tau, International Honor Society for Professionals in Technology
Phi Kappa Phi, National Honor Society
FBINAA, Federal bureau of Investigation National Academy Associates