About this Program
The Master of Science in Construction Management (MSCM) program is designed to extend the undergraduate degree in construction management and develop new career options. The MSCM program increases the student's understanding of the complete construction industry including state of the art processes, production techniques, design functions, research applications, management methods and leadership skills. The MSCM program is intended for entry-level managers, project engineers, and related supervisory personnel who are interested in broadening their construction management knowledge base, sharpen their management acumen, and ready themselves for advancement opportunities and leadership positions within the construction industry.
MSCM Program Student Learning Objectives:
The Master of Science in Construction Management [MSCM] program is designed to:
- Develop advanced competencies in the technical, management, and leadership aspects of professional construction management.
- Broaden the career potential of individuals through applied learning experiences in construction, management; and technology.
- Provide advanced preparation in the technical aspects and human factors of the construction industry.
- Develop a broad perspective needed for those employed in or aspiring to middle and upper management positions within the construction industry.
The mission of our CM program is to fully prepare management-oriented professionals for the construction industry.
Based on this mission, after a thorough grounding in general education such as mathematics, and the physical sciences, students are challenged with the mastery of specific construction science and construction professional knowledge and skills. Students are required to apply their newly acquired knowledge in laboratory and real-life work experiences. Senior-level courses emphasize business, management, and problem solving associated with the real construction environment, and serve as logical culmination experiences. Graduates acquire high-level construction management literacy, management skills, and ability to solve real-world problems. Graduates can further advance their managerial skills through pursuing the master degree of our ‘Construction Management Programs.’ The master program is related to the bachelor program based on courses corresponding courses and studies conducted a more advanced levels.
Eastern Michigan University’s Master of Science in Constructive Management (MSCM) program educates graduate students in construction project management , preparing them to lead and manage major construction programs through the project life cycle, from project conception through facility completion.
The MSCM Program broadens the graduate student’s knowledge, understanding and skills of the complete construction industry including:
- Modern project management processes
- Satisfying the integrated needs of the constructed facility stakeholders
- Sustainability in construction through integrated project delivery and related state-of-the art methods and means for construction
- Production techniques
- Design functions
- Research applications
- Leadership skills
- Call: 734.487.0354
- Office: 206 Roosevelt, Ypsilanti, MI 48197