About Our Program
The CSP is made up of various primary components. Each of these components work together to provide a comprehensive and individualized program based on the need of the student.
The CSP is a proactive, person centered planning approach, that supports students on a daily basis who are unable to consistently identify their needs and/or initiate requests for necessary supports. Some of these tailored services include coaching, tutoring, mediation with instructors, mental health service coordination, social and leisure activities, dorm living support and appropriate family involvement. The program emphasizes increasing independence throughout the student’s college experience, including providing guidance and support as students work toward the development of employment skills.
- Increase awareness and training of faculty and staff regarding Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- Facilitate a positive environment for academic achievement.
- Improve coordination of university services.
- Respond to the individualized needs of students.
- Guide the student toward becoming more independent as an adult.
The individualized support services go above and beyond the standard accommodations offered free of charge to all students with disabilities at EMU. These enhanced supportive services are wide ranging and might include personalized assistance with:
- Life Skills
- Social Coaching
- Faculty Relationships
- Skill Building
- Executive Functions
- Time Management
- Daily Check-Ins
- Parent Support