Advising, Schedules and Tutoring
See your advisor for computer science related questions. All computer science students have a faculty advisor, assigned by last name. Please see the list below.
- All graduate students should see Dr. Narayanan.
- All undergraduate students (including 2nd Bachelors) should use the list below to find out who their faculty advisor is.
Student last name begins with the following letters:
- A to Ben: K. Narayanan
- Beo to Coo: A. Kashliev
- Cop to Fai: S. Jiang
- Faj to Har: E. Poh
- Has to Kei: A. Tehranipour
- Kej to Mcc: L. Zhang
- Mcd to Oat: S. Maniccam
- Oau to Sha: M. Evett
- Shb to Tha: B. Panja
- Thb to Z: O. Spantidi
- Search Department of Computer Science course offerings here.
- Wondering when a course will be offered next? View the Computer Science course rotation.
- If you have specific questions about future term course schedules, you may call the department office at 737.487.1063 or visit us in person Monday-Thursday at 511 Pray-Harrold .
- Before submitting an override request, please note general information below. Use the override request form here.
- If you get an error message when you try to register online (i.e., Student Restriction, Level Restriction, Prerequisite Error, etc.), include that information in your override request. The type of error you see relates to the specific override needed, so providing us with this detail will expedite the process for you.
- For cases where you do not meet the prerequisite, you should contact the instructor for the class. Only the instructor for the class can waive prerequisites.
- For classes that are full, first check if there is a wait list for that class -- follow the below instructions to join the class. For full classes with no wait list, you may request a limit override -- occasionally professors will allow students to join over the enrollment limit for the class -- but it is not guaranteed. Note that you must have fulfilled all prerequisites to receive this override.
- If there is a wait list for a class that is full, you may join it by trying to register on the 'add/drop classes page.' Make sure that you have fulfilled prerequisites for the class before attempting to register. If the class is full and/or the wait list has people on it, you will not be able to register, but there should be a dropdown menu under 'action'. Choose 'waitlist,' then submit. Once you are on the wait list, if and when an opening appears in the section, you will be notified in the order you joined the wait list. You will be given a 24-hour window to register, so it is important to monitor your email during the week.
- If you have met the prerequisite for a course but you are still getting a prerequisite error when you try to register, please contact the department. This may happen for a few reasons, for example a prerequisite may have been transferred in and the system does not recognize it. If you are an incoming transfer student seeking a prerequisite override, make sure to include a pdf or image of your web transcript that shows 1) your name, 2) the course, and 3) the institution.
- Contact the department for corequisite overrides if you have already met the other requirement. For example, you passed COSC 112 but would like to repeat COSC 111. The department can give you a corequisite override to allow you to take only COSC 111.
Pray-Harrold Tutoring Lab
Free tutoring will be provided by graduate and experienced undergraduate computer science for 100, 200, and 300 level classes as well as select upper-level courses beginning the first day of the fall semester through Tuesday of finals week -- August 28th through December 12th, 2023. See the tutoring schedule for details. Tutoring is provided for computer science students both online and in 513 Pray-Harrold Monday thru Thursday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and via Zoom on Fridays from noon to 2 p.m.
Note that an up-to-date tutoring schedule is posted at the entrance door of the tutoring room at 513 Pray-Harrold.