Advising, Schedules and Tutoring
See your advisor for computer science related questions. All computer science students have a faculty advisor, assigned by last name. Please see the list below.
- All graduate students should see Dr. Narayanan.
- All undergraduate students (including 2nd Bachelors) should use the list below to find out who their faculty advisor is.
Student last name begins with the following letters:
- A to Ben: K. Narayanan
- Beo to Coo: A. Kashliev
- Cop to Fai: S. Jiang
- Faj to Har: E. Poh
- Has to Kei: A. Tehranipour
- Kej to Mcc: L. Zhang
- Mcd to Oat: S. Maniccam
- Oau to Sha: M. Evett
- Shb to Tha: B. Panja
- Thb to Z: W. Sverdlik
- Search Department of Computer Science course offerings here.
- If you have specific questions about future term course schedules, you may call the department office at 737.487.1063 or visit us at 511 Pray-Harrold for more information.
- Always use your EMU email and include your EID, the course number, and the reason you are requesting an override. If you are getting a specific error message when you try to register online, include that information in your override request.
- If you have met the prerequisite for a course but the system does not allow you to register for the course, please contact the department. This may happen for a few reasons, for example a prerequisite may have been transferred in and the system does not recognize it. If you are an incoming transfer student seeking a prerequisite override, make sure to include a pdf or image of your web transcript that shows your name, the course, and the institution.
- For cases where you do not meet the prerequisite or you are seeking a limit override (for a class that is full), you should contact the instructor for the class. Only the instructor for the class can waive prerequisites or approve enrollments over the class limit.
- Also contact the department for corequisite overrides if you have already met the other requirement. For example, you passed COSC 112 but would like to repeat COSC 111. The department can give you a corequisite override to allow you to take only COSC 111.
Pray-Harrold Tutoring Lab
Free tutoring is provided for computer science students online and in 513 Pray-Harrold Monday thru Thursday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and on Fridays from noon to 2 p.m. Visit the tutoring schedule for the online schedule.
Note that an up-to-date tutoring schedule is posted at the entrance door of the tutoring room at 513 Pray-Harrold.