The Mission of the Centers and Institutes in the College is to link faculty, student, and staff capabilities with the needs of Business, Industry, Academe, and Government to meetregional, national, and global needs. The Centers and Institutes provide creative and relevant basic and applied research to solve real-world problems as well as providing a variety of service, educational and training programs for external customers.
BENIFITS TO THE UNIVERSITY & COMMUNITY
- Significant capital equipment allocations to the College which are shared with academic programs of study.
- Financial Support for undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in academic coursework.
- A vehicle for the recruitment of non-traditional students to enroll in academic course and programs.
- Release time and spring/summer employment for faculty.
- Opportunities for an increased scholarly agenda for faculty.
- Numerous scholarships for majors in many academic programs which increase the number of students in undergraduate, MS and PhD, programs.
- Additional personnel resource funding for school directors and department heads which provide additional flexibility to support school and departmental needs.
- Significant indirect cost generation which supports the University, College, and the Centers and Institutes.
- Basic and applied research opportunities which build programmatic capability and capacity.
- An enhanced positive public reputation for the College.