Polyurethane Coating: Chemistry Technology, Formulations Applications
June 4-5, 2019
Course Fee: $950
Location: Boone Hall, Ypsilanti, MI
Instructor: Vijay Mannari, Ph.D.
Polyurethane (PU) coatings are among the rapidly growing and most versatile systems with ever expanding applications in industrial, architectural and specialty areas. The objective of this course is to present a fundamental understanding of PU chemistry and technology, and how it is harnessed in the formulation of a variety of PU coating systems. The content of the course has been structured to first build an understanding of PU raw materials, chemistry and their resin technology, and subsequently understand how various PU coating systems are designed for specific end-use applications. The course will present state-of-the-art PU technologies and will discuss commercial products available on such technologies. A special emphasis will be placed on addressing VOC and related legislations.
Please watch this short video for an overview of the course.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for those involved in the development, application and technical marketing of coatings. It is highly recommended for personnel involved in coating development, marketing, sales, customer support staff, field representatives and entry-level chemists involved in the technical/research area.
What you will learn
- Raw materials used in PU resins and coatings
- Chemistry and technologies of PU coatings
- How coatings are formulated using various of cross-linking techniques
- Water-borne, solvent born and UV curable PU systems
- Comparison among various PU and other coating systems
- Commercial products in the market, state-of-the-art and future trends
- Overview of global coating market, coating technologies and PU coatings
- PU Raw Materials: Isocyanates, polyols and additives
- Chemistry of PU resin systems
- PU coating technologies
- 1K and 2K PU systems
- Air-drying and moisture-cure systems
- Coating formulations and calculations
- Advantages and limitations
- 2K-PU systems
- Selection of isocyanates
- Selection of polyols
- Controlling properties through choice of raw materials
- Water-borne PU coatings
- 2K-PU W/B coating systems
- Polyurethane dispersions (PUDs)
- Raw materials, synthesis and applications
- PU coatings – comparison with other coatings
- Commercial products and VOC benefits
- Future trends, isocyanate-free PU systems, polyuria and polyaspartics
For more information, please contact Professional Programs and Training at 734-487-2259 or email email@example.com.
To enroll in a course, please visit our Polymers and Coatings registration site.