Eastern faculty are engaged in a wide range of exciting research endeavors. These include STEM, health sciences, social sciences, the arts and humanities. Many research projects have an immediate and direct impact on our community and state. Business and industry partners engage in research activity with our faculty through EMU Centers, Institutes and Laboratories.
What We Can Do
EMU’s organized research units, laboratories, facilities and programs provide opportunities for highly applied, industry-focused research and training. Among our numerous research-focused laboratories and centers are the Cell and Molecular Biology and Biochemistry Research Suite, the Center for Entrepreneurship, Chemistry Research Laboratories, the Coatings Research Institute, the EMU Herbarium, the EMU Planetarium, the Jean Parsons Center for the Study of Art and Science, the Kresge Environmental Education Center at Fish Lake, the Office of Nutrition Services, the Textile Research and Training Institute and others.
Our Track Record
Business and industry partners have collaborated with EMU faculty on numerous research projects. Here are a few examples:
- Bactericidal silver surfactant delivery into coating and polymer compositions
- Chromate-free organic-inorganic hybrid pretreatment for corrosion resistance of aluminum alloys
- Eco-friendly flame retardant finish using phosphorous-based intumescences chemistry
- Encapsulation of PCM for thermo-regulating fabric application
- Microencapsulated phase-change materials, related methods, and related articles
- Self-stratifying coatings
Need More Information?
If you have questions or need more information, please contact Wade Tornquist.
Email: wtornquis[email protected]
Phone Number: 734.487.3090