Eastern’s Technology Transfer Office supports research and manages industry relations and intellectual property. The office is responsible for the dissemination of university/industry-developed technology into the marketplace. We facilitate internal and external relationships to help assess, protect and develop technology with commercial potential. We bring value to your team, business or community utilizing technology, innovation and an Eastern entrepreneurship approach.
What We Can Do
There are numerous opportunities for collaboration or licensing related to research and applied industry-specific projects. The Technology Transfer Office can help validate, refresh or enhance the quality, capability, reliability or functionality of an existing or new product. We also handle non-disclosure agreements, invention disclosures, assessments, intellectual property protection and product commercialization. If a confidential discussion is necessary, the Technology Transfer Office will coordinate the review and execution of a non-disclosure agreement or confidential disclosure agreements in collaboration with the Office of Research Development Administration (ORDA).
Our Track Record
The Technology Transfer Office has worked with University, government and industry partners on numerous projects that address basic and applied research:
- Market research through I-Corps programs, specifically designed to enhance and accelerate research or existing products with commercial potential. Industry projects welcomed for both faculty and student-led teams.
- Fundamental and applied research in material science
- Surface analysis, measurement and treatments
- Electrochemistry: ability to test lithium and magnesium batteries
- Raw material evaluation and new product development
- Testing materials and coatings under various loads and at various depths in micro and nano scale
- Problem solving, failure analysis and process improvement
- Polymer synthesis, modification, characterization and testing
- Coating formulation, modification and evaluation
- Product analysis and characterization
- Development of an environmentally friendly polymer for green textiles
- Development of anti-bacterial/protective/fire-retardant fabrics
- Smart textile development
- Professional development and training
- Expert training in all aspects of coatings and raw materials
- Training and instruction in CAD/CAM
- Gerber Technology pattern design software development (all platforms)
- SBIR and STTR: research and development for technology commercialization
- Non-profit research partner