- What is Business Link?
- Talent Pathway
- Research with Business & Industry
- Commercialization & Technology Transfer
- Centers, Institutes & Laboratories
- Training, Testing & Certifications
- Corporate Partnerships & Impact
- Curriculum & Program Collaboration
Research with Business & Industry
Central to Eastern's mission is research and the dissemination of knowledge. Some of this research is done through industry-sponsored research agreements. Eastern’s baseline agreements align with those of universities across the country as we employ best practices meeting the needs of both industry and EMU.
What We Can Do
The Office of Research Development and Administration (ORDA) is here to help facilitate the process for industry sponsored research at EMU. From beginning to end, ORDA is here to help you. We can help you find the faculty expertise you need and make connections. If confidential discussions are necessary, ORDA will facilitate the review, negotiation and execution of NDAs (or CDAs). EMU faculty work through ORDA on the preparation, approval and submission of technical and cost proposals requiring University resources, including faculty time, students assistants and laboratories. ORDA is also authorized to negotiate and execute agreements for sponsored activity.
Our Track Record
ORDA has worked with industry partners to produce:
- Nondisclosure and confidential disclosure agreements
- Material transfer agreements
- Sponsored research agreements
- Testing agreements
- Student design project agreements
- Subrecipient agreements on federal awards, including SBIRs and STTRs
- Master agreements
- Licensing agreements for university-owned technologies (in collaboration with Tech Transfer)
Looking for an Expert?
If you a member of the media looking for an expert to interview for your latest story, check out the Eastern Experts site. You'll find qualified faculty and staff ready to answer your questions and give you the source material you need.
Need More Information?
If you have questions or need more information, please submit the form below. The EMU Business Link team will review your request and provide the best resource to assist you.