The Carnegie Classification recognizes higher education's commitment to community engagement. Eastern Michigan University received the Carnegie Classification in Community Engagement in 2008.
View more information on the history of this classification as well as it's (re)classification.
Engage cultivates connections and collaborations between the University (faculty, staff and students) and nonprofits, municipalities, schools, and individuals.
- Eagle Engage Corps is currently accepting applicants. Find more information here.
- FCC has launched the Emergency Broadband Benefit program to assist families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic. Find more information here.
- Find Washtenaw County COVID-19 Vaccination information here.
- Ypsilanti District Library has many ongoing and new events. You can find them here!
- The Returning Citizen Fellows Program is accepting applications! This program is a cohort structured student success and persistence program for individuals who were formerly incarcerated in and/or with the Michigan Department of Corrections. Applications and more information are available on the webpage.
- A2Y Chamber is currently compiling a list of local businesses that offer gift cards to help support and promote local entrepreneurs, at no charge! If interested, please submit your name, business name, and gift card/webpage link to [email protected].
- Check out all the active job openings on Talent Connect for Washtenaw County! This All Active list contains positions at U of M, EMU, staffing agencies, and America's Job Exchange.
Click on the event for more details!