The Carnegie Classification recognizes higher education's commitment to community engagement. Eastern Michigan University received the Carnegie Classification in Community Engagement in 2008.
View more information on the history of this classification as well as it's (re)classification.
Engage cultivates connections and collaborations between the University (faculty, staff and students) and nonprofits, municipalities, schools, and individuals.
- Find Washtenaw County COVID-19 Vaccination information here.
- Free: KN95 masks available at Huron Valley PACE, 2940 Ellsworth Road in Ypsilanti.
- Ypsilanti District Library has many ongoing and new events. You can find them here!
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) runs mid January to mid March to provide ongoing financial coaching, navigation, and 211 support. Pre-register to be notified when appointments open!
- The Returning Citizen Fellows Program is now accepting applications! This program is a cohort structured student success and persistence program for individuals who were formerly incarcerated in and/or with the Michigan Department of Corrections. Applications and more information are available on the webpage.
- A2Y Chamber is currently compiling a list of local businesses that offer gift cards to help support and promote local entrepreneurs, at no charge! If interested, please submit your name, business name, and gift card/webpage link to [email protected].
- Check out all the active job openings on Talent Connect for Washtenaw County! This All Active list contains positions at U of M, EMU, staffing agencies, and America's Job Exchange.
Click on the event for more details!