- Read our 2019 Philosophy newsletter [PDF].
- EMU Philosophy alum Dave Coverly celebrates 25 years of his syndicated cartoon Speed Bump.
- Professor Bruya Receives Fulbright Award.
- Eastern Michigan University professor Brian Bruya's translation work key to new illustrated version of "The Art of War."
- Please join the first-year Philosophy MA students for a conference [PDF] on Dewey, Freire, and Education for Liberation! Students will present papers on the themes of mind and growth in Dewey's philosophy, on problems in and solutions for the American education system, and Freire's insights on the nature of oppression and the possibility for revolution in global contexts. They will also comment on one another's work. All are welcome to what is sure to be a stimulating discussion.
- The New York Times Magazine interviews illustrator C.C. Tsai about his new graphic version of Sunzi’s The Art of War, translated into English by Professor Brian Bruya.
- Dr. Brian Coffey joins the Philosophy Section.