2021 Assurance Argument and Site Visit
- 2018 Financial Recovery Plan
- 2018 Interim Report on Student Retention, Persistence and Completion Goals
- 2017 HLC Reaffirmation Review Final Report
- 2017 Assurance Argument
- Jessica 'Decky' Alexander, Director, Engage@EMU, Criterion 1 Chair
- Suleiman Ashur, Director, School of Visual and Built Environments
- W. Douglas Baker, Associate Dean, College of Arts & Sciences, Criterion 3 Chair
- Robert Carpenter, Chair, Faculty Senate Budget & Resources Committee
- James Carroll, Associate Provost and Associate Vice President for Administration, Criterion 5 Chair
- Doris Fields, Director, Undergraduate Studies, Criterion 4 Chair
- Evan Finley, Director, Program Administration and Assurance
- Ellen Gold, Interim Senior Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students
- Suzanne Gray, President, Faculty Senate
- Leigh Greden, Chief of Staff, Office of the President
- Christine Karshin, Associate Dean, College of Health and Human Services
- Beth Kubitskey, Associate Dean, College of Education
- Dorothy McAllen, Associate Dean, GameAbove College of Engineering and Technology
- Stephanie Newell, Associate Dean, College of Business
- Kathleen Stacey, Director, School of Communication, Media and Theatre Arts
- Wade Tornquist, Interim Associate Provost and Associate Vice President for Graduate Studies and Research, Criterion 2 Chair
- Xunhang "Hank" Zhou, Director, Institutional Research and Information Management
Assurance Argument Timeline
The Steering Committee and Criterion Committees reviewed and revised the assurance argument draft continuously throughout the process.
- April 14-May 10 – The Faculty Senate reviewed the draft and provided feedback.
- June 8-30th – Administrative Personnel reviewed the draft and provided feedback.
- July 30-August 16 – Senior University Leadership reviewed the draft and provided feedback.
- August 19 - Assurance Argument draft shared with the Faculty Senate.
- August 30 – Penultimate draft completed
- September 15 – Faculty Senate input received
- September 16-20 - Production of Final Draft
HLC Campus Site Visit
On October 25 and 26, the Higher Learning Commission will be visiting the campus of Eastern Michigan University to conduct a comprehensive review of the institution as part of our ongoing accreditation.
As part of this visit, the team of Peer Reviewers will conduct four open forums with four university constituent groups (Faculty, Non-Faculty Instructional Staff, Non-Instructional Staff, and Students). The purpose of these forums is to gain perspective on the institution from a broad representation of members of the university community. The Review Team will provide a number of discussion prompts to facilitate perspective gathering. Included below are links to a Forum Registration form for your group.