Masters of Ceremonies and MLK Keynote Address host
Eastern Michigan University is seeking two students to serve as the Masters of Ceremonies at the MLK President’s Luncheon and one student to be the host for the MLK Keynote Address on Monday, January 20, 2020.
The Martin Luther King, Jr Day Celebration Planning Committee is seeking a total of three (3) students to serve as:
Luncheon Masters of Ceremonies - The two selected students will serve as the official hosts for one of EMU’s most recognized events. They will emcee before an audience of over 500 students, faculty, staff and community members, while enjoying lunch as the guest of President James M. Smith.
- Keynote Address - A selected student will serve as the official host for the MLK Keynote Address. The student will introduce the MLK, Jr. Keynote Speaker before an audience of over 500 students, faculty, staff and community members.
Students will gain professional speaking experience, networking and resume building for one of EMU’s most recognized events.
Students must possess the following:
- Good academic standing with a GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Involvement within the EMU and surrounding community
- A friendly disposition
- Excellent oral skills and stage presence
- TruEMU spirit
Students who want to be considered for a luncheon Masters of Ceremonies position and/or Keynote
Address Host are required to:
- Fill out the MLK Celebration Application.
- Write a 250-500 word essay describing your prior speaking experience and how Martin Luther King’s legacy has inspired you.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from an EMU faculty or staff.
- Be available for rehearsal on Sunday, January 19, 2020 (4–6 p.m.) and dinner with the Keynote Speaker (6–8 p.m.)
- Be available to attend MLK, Jr. President’s Luncheon and Keynote Address on Monday, January 20, 2020.
Application Deadline: Friday, November 22, 2019 by 11:59 p.m.
Submit MLK, Jr. Celebration application, 250-500 essay, and letter of recommendation to: Dr. Doris Fields; [email protected] or 101 C Boone Hall.
Finalists will be selected by December 13, 2019.