Who We Are
Student Conduct and Community Standards is part of the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management at Eastern Michigan University. Our mission is to create an effective living and learning environment by designing policies such as the Student Code of Conduct, providing a disciplinary process and conducting programs that foster ethical development, personal accountability and civility toward others.
What We Do
The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards's primary functions are:
- Administration of the EMU Student Code of Conduct and other related policies and procedures
- Handling of student employment grievances
- Investigation of student-initiated sexual harassment claims
For the convenience of students, The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards provides:
- Workshops for students and student organizations on issues such as hazing, sexual assault, drug and alcohol use and other at-risk behaviors
- Advice to students on issues and questions about student-related policies including the Student Code of Conduct
- Handouts that help clarify behaviors prohibited under the Student Code of Conduct
To better serve the faculty and staff of EMU, The Office of Student Conduct and Community Standards provides:
- A resource area equipped with handouts, books, articles and other materials on student behavior issues
- Advice on dealing with specific student conduct issues
Submit Incident Report
To submit an incident report, complete the Incident Report Form.