About Swoop's Food Pantry
Our mission is to provide the EMU community with food assistance and additional resources to positively impact well-being and college success.
- Food is a human right. Swoop’s works to decrease the stigma associated with experiencing food insecurity and maintain an environment of inclusivity, equity and diversity.
- Swoop’s serves everyone regardless of race/religion/gender/sexual orientation/ability/immigration status
- Participates in campus research projects and provides education to the EMU community in order to spread awareness of the issues students face.
- Empowers students by decreasing barriers on the journey to earning a college degree.
- As a student-led organization, Swoop’s empowers everyone to engage their unique talents and voice by providing dynamic volunteer, leadership, and employment opportunities.
- Strives to create an environment where students are treated with dignity and are able to independently choose their food from an array of options that cater to their dietary needs, preferences, and beliefs (allergies, religious, ethnic, vegan/vegetarian, healthy lifestyle, etc.).
- Encourages and supports collaboration with the community by involving other agencies/organizations in finding solutions to decrease hunger and food insecurity.
- Recognizes that many issues overlap with food insecurity and seek to find resources and solutions.
Uses existing resources whenever possible with the goal of conservation.
Engages in recycling, composting, and reusing in order to reduce waste.
Provides plant-based meat alternatives and sustainable/reusable products whenever possible.
Swoop's will serve anyone regardless of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, political stance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical appearance, disability status, age, pregnancy, any group membership, leave status, veteran status or genetic information. This information will be kept confidential and will not have a negative effect on services provided to you.