Merit based transfer scholarships require a minimum of a 3.0 GPA and 30 transferable credits from a regionally accredited institution at time of application completion. All transfer scholarships are awarded based on funding and factors such as GPA, number of transferable credits, and date of application file completion.
EMU Phi Theta Kappa Alumni Scholarship
EMU offers a Phi Theta Kappa Alumni Scholarship to active members of the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society. Proof of membership* and the EMU membership verification form
must be submitted to Transfer Admissions by June 1 in order to be considered.
• Minimum transferable course GPA of 3.5 by scholarship deadline
• Must have completed at least 30 transferable credit hours by scholarship deadline
• Most recent work completed from PTK inducted community college
• Requires Phi Theta Kappa membership
• Must enroll full-time at Eastern Michigan University (12 or more credits per semester)
• Awarded up to four semesters. Subject to transfer scholarship guidelines http://www.emich.edu/finaid/scholarships/transfer.php
• Maximum of five scholarships awarded each academic year
Award is $1000 per academic year, $500 per semester
*Copy of Phi Theta Kappa identification card, membership certificate or membership letter from Phi Theta Kappa headquarters.