- Coordinated Program in Dietetics, Wayne State University
- Ph.D., Nutrition and Food Science, Wayne State University
- MS, Nutrition and Food Science, Wayne State University
Dr. Haque is the faculty in charge for didactic instruction in clinical nutrition to students enrolled in the Distance Online Education (DEO) and the On Campus programs offered in the coordinated program in dietetics at Eastern Michigan University (EMU). Dr. Haque is also involved in thesis direction. Dr. Haque is currently serving as president-elect, Michigan Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (2016–2017).
- March, 2000, Experimental Biology Annual Meeting, San Diego, California. Altered gene expression in mammary tumors by caloric restriction detected with microarray analysis.
- September, 2000, Graduate Student Research Day, Wayne State University, Detroit. Effect of caloric restriction on gene expression in N-Nitroso-N-methylurea (NMU)-induced mammary tumors.
- March, 2008, The Role of Dietitians in Screening for Diabetes Mellitus in the Community. Eastern Michigan University, Undergraduate Symposium
- March, 2008, The Role of Dietitians in Screening for Hypertension in the Community. Eastern Michigan University, Undergraduate Symposium
- March, 2001, Experimental Biology Annual Meeting, Orlando, Florida. Effect of caloric restriction on gene expression in N-Nitroso-N methylurea (NMU)-induced mammary tumors.
Dr. Haque teaches Medical Nutrition Therapy and Advanced Topics in Nutrition, on-campus and on-line
- DTC 330 Medical Nutrition Therapy I, on-campus/online
- DTC 370 Medical Nutrition Therapy II, on-campus/online
- DTC 470 Medical Nutrition Therapy IV, on-campus/online
- DTC 422 Nutrient Metabolism-Micronutrients, on-campus/online
- DTC 528 Sports Nutrition, online
- DTC 358 Food and Culture, online
- DTC 618 Advanced Topics in Nutrition
- DTC 628 Medical Nutrition Therapy Advanced Topics, online
- Nominated, Outstanding Faculty in a Supporting Role, 2008
- Dr. Haque's research interests include: cancer and aging; childhood obesity; child, adolescent and adult weight management; nutrition intervention related to prevention of chronic diseases.
- Dr. Haque is a registered dietitian and supports research in clinical nutrition.
Serving on EMU Committees
- Human Subjects Research Committee (HSRC)
- University Human Subjects Research Committee (UHSRC)
- Faculty Development
- Curriculum Advisory Committee
Serving on Local Dietetic Committees
- Treasurer, Michigan Dietetics Educators Group (MDEP)
- MDAI Trustee for Michigan Dietetic Association Board of Directors
- Journal of Child Nutrition
- Gene expression alterations in mammary tumors from rats subjected to caloric restriction (CR)
- Registered dietitian, Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Servsafe certified
- American Dietetic Association
- Southeastern Michigan Dietetic Association
- Michigan Dietetic Educators Practice Group
- Michigan Dietetic Association
Thesis Direction Topics: 2006–2008
- Childhood Obesity: Does it lead to Type II Diabetes Mellitus
- A Survey of Beverage Intake among College Students in Guam
- Pediatric Pica
- Celiac Disease: Management and concerns of this Disease