- Ph.D., University of Louisville
- MPH, Boston University
- BS, University of Michigan
- Walsh, S.E., Chubinski, J., Sallee, T., and Rademacher, E. (in press). Public opinions regarding Advanced Dental Hygiene Practitioners in a high-need state. Journal of Dental Hygiene .
- Chubinski, J., Walsh, S.E., Sallee, T., and Rademacher, E. (2014). Painkiller misuse among Appalachians and in Appalachian counties in Kentucky. Journal of Appalachian Studies , 20(2):154-169. doi:10.5406/jappastud.20.2.0154
- Walsh, S.E., Myers, G., Chubinski, J., and Zepeda, S.G. (2014). For two regional health foundations, returns from the Kentucky Health Issues Poll are worth the investments. Health Affairs , 33(9):1693-1697. doi:10.1377/hlthaff.2013.1471
- Walsh S.E., and Nesbitt, L.S. (2014). Changing the context: Promoting wellness through systems and policy change. In R.J. Esterhay, L.S. Nesbitt, J.H. Taylor, and J.M. Bohn (Eds.), Population health: Management, policy and technology, First edition. Virginia Beach, VA: Convurgent Publishing.
- Studts, J.L., Flynn, S.M., Dill, T.C., Ridner, S.L., Worth, C.T., Walsh, S.E. , and Sorrell, C.L. (2010). Nurse practitioners' knowledge, attitudes, and clinical practices regarding treatment of tobacco use and dependence. Journal for Nurse Practitioners , 6(3):212–219.
- Walsh, S.E. , Singleton, J.A., Worth, C.T., Krugler, J., Moore, R., Wesley, G.C., and Mitchell, C.K. (2007). Tobacco cessation counseling training with standardized patients. Journal of Dental Education , 71:1171–1178.
- HLAD 250 Introduction to Public Health
- HLAD 315 Research Methods and Data Analysis in Health Sciences
- HLAD 416 Health Planning
- HLAD 513 Roles and Responsibilities of the Health Administration Profession
- HLAD 600 Health Care Research Methods
- HLAD 693/694 Integrative Analysis Project
Prior to joining the faculty at EMU in 2013, Dr. Walsh worked for more than a dozen years in public health practice in a variety of settings. Most recently, she was a senior program officer at the Foundation for a Healthy Kentucky. Her research interests include the built environment, social capital, and other factors which may promote healthy aging.