About this Program
Serve yourself so you can better serve others. Earn your Master's of Science in Nursing: Adult–Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) and become a recognized expert in your field. Customizing your expertise in nursing sets you up for promotion and expands your sphere of influence, while equipping you to serve your clients and your community at a higher level.
Meet the need. Clinical nurse specialists are:
- In demand: According to a CNN Money report, CNSs were ranked the 7th best job in America with an anticipated growth of 20% over the next 10 years.
- Top earners: CNSs earn a median salary of $82,000 with a top salary of $130,000.
- Vital to society: CNSs are necessary to provide leadership, mentoring and insight to other nurses as the demand for nurses continues to increase.
Expand your abilities. Clinical nurse specialists work with:
- Patients and clients: CNSs still participate in direct patient care but typically in a specialized area of practice.
- Nurses: A CNS can act as a mentor to other nurses, helping convert evidence-based, clinical research into the practical applications of everyday work with patients.
- Organizations and systems: CNSs achieve systemic change by sharing their observations and specialized knowledge with policy-makers.
Eastern's program is unique in that it's offered conveniently at our EMU–Livonia site. You’ll benefit from the knowledge and hands-on practice of highly qualified faculty, while having the opportunity to learn in a variety of settings for clinical experiences. And, if you're interested in continuing your education beyond your graduate degree, Eastern also offers a doctorate in nursing practice that you can complete in an additional two years.