The goal of this site is to serve the interests of its users, the emeritus faculty and staff of Eastern Michigan University. If you have a question, opinion or concern, please contact a member of the Executive Board.
Announcements and News
Your Emeritus Executive Board met and decided that, due to the recent surge in COVID, not to hold an in person general membership meeting this October. Instead, we have asked EMU President, Jim Smith, Provost Rhonda Longworth and Foundation Executive Director, Bill Shepard to prepare a recorded message with topics of interest to our membership. We provided a few topics for them to address but we welcome your submission of questions or topics you would like them to include in these reports. Please email Sally McCracken [email protected] your submissions and she will pass them on.
We will notify you later in October when these messages are ready to be viewed on this site.
Our board has also agreed to remain in our positions until our membership can meet to elect future board members. We are always here to help you with any emeritus issues you may have.
Sign up to automatically receive a Weekly EMU Today/The Week at EMU by email.
Additional ways to stay in touch with EMU:
There are many classes and activities available in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area to consider:
- Red Cross Building, 4624 Packard Road, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
- e-mail is [email protected]
- During the pandemic many classes are by Zoom.
Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the U of M (OLLI)
- 2401 Plymouth Road, Suite C, Ann Arbor, MI 48105
- mail to [email protected]
- During the pandemic many classes/events by Zoom.
Washtenaw Community College
- Before registering for the first time, you need to take a driver’s license or ID card to the Student Center at WCC to get a WCC ID card which identifies you as 65 years of age or older. Being a Washtenaw resident 65 or older, tuition is free; however, any materials fee needs to be paid.
- During the pandemic, you also can email a photo of your driver’s license or state ID (front and back) to [email protected]. If you e-mail, be sure to have an account at https://washtenaw.augusoft.net to sign up for non-credit classes and to allow Records to update your profile with the Emeritus discount. Also let them know if you want to enroll for credit or non-credit.