Community Engage Council
This community and University-centered council (which meets monthly and year-round) focuses on using University assets and resources (faculty expertise, student volunteers and organizations, AS-L courses and grant initiatives) to:
- internally collaborate enhance and promote community collaboration, avoiding duplication and
- externally promote and facilitate community/university activity.
The primary charge of the CEC is to create and improve upon community collaboration between and among the University and local community entities in business, education, government and non-profits.
The CEC is coordinated by the Engage@EMU office.
The CEC serves
• as an advisory and possible action body for the University Strategic Plan
• to provide support for institutional accreditation
• as the developer of community engagement data and assessment
• as a virtual front door dedicated to community engagement and collaboration
• A local community organization/entity representative currently or previously involved in university collaboration
• An A2Y chamber representative
• City manager or planner
•Ypsilanti city mayor
•Convention and Visitors Bureau
What areas of the University does CEC impact?
•Faculty development/university culture
•Community and economic revitalization
Questions on the CEC can be directed to email@example.com.
Recent & Active CEC projects
Co-grant with the City of Ypsilanti, Washtenaw County Office of Economic and Community Development and the Ypsilanti District Library. (Funds through Act 88 & CTAP)
Ypsi and EMU Walking Map
Developed with the CVP, Washtenaw County Community and Economic Development and the EMU Offices of AS-L, Marketing and the Non-Profit Leadership Alliance
Engage EMU & Parkridge Community Center delivered the first PBS Family Creative Learning with the PBS Ruff Ruffman character program. Four, two hour sessions with a STEM focused curriculum began at the Parkridge Community Center on December 4th and included ten Ypsilanti community families of parents and children aged 5-8 years old.