Special notice: Please be advised that the availability of summer housing is not confirmed due to the COVID-19 virus. The information below is what we hope to offer, but is under review at this time and is subject to change/cancellation.
Due to COVID-19, Summer 2020 housing will only available to a limited number of students who are currently living on campus and have a continued need to remain on campus for the summer.
To be eligible, all students must not have a financial hold on their student account and be registered for a minimum of one summer class.
In addition, students living in the apartments are only eligible if they have an active contract for the same apartment for the coming academic year.
The summer application opens Monday, April 13, at 10a.m. and will close on Wednesday, April 22, at 5p.m. This application is for the full summer term, May through August.
Information on Summer II only will be posted here by June 1. DO NOT APPLY NOW if you are hoping to move-in for Summer II. Summer II will only be available for select, pre-approved applicants.
- Buildings C and D will be used. No other residence halls are available for summer housing
- In order to comply with current health guidelines for social distancing, all Village rooms for this summer will be single occupancy at the rate of $1,036 for the summer.
- Residents who currently live in Brown, Munson, Cornell and Westview are eligible to apply for their current unit for the summer semester provided they have reserved the same unit for the 2020-2021 school year.
- We do not offer summer-only housing in any of our apartment areas.
- Students who do not currently live in University Apartments but who have an assignment there for the 2020-2021 school year will be assigned to the Village for the summer.
- Students who currently live in a double unit in University Apartments, but whose roommate will not be remaining for the summer will be assessed at the single rate.
- Students transitioning to the Village for summer, will move in on Sunday, May 3, and check out of their winter assignment that same day.
- Move-In for “Summer II Only” will be on June 24. No early move-ins can be accommodated.
- For those staying through Summer II:
- Students who do not have an on-campus fall assignment must be moved out by noon on August 12. No extensions can be offered. Please plan accordingly, especially if you are moving into an off campus apartment that does not allow an early move-in
- Students who are moving to a different space for fall 2020 will transition to their new space on Wednesday, August 12, and Thursday, August 13, between the hours of 10a.m. and 2p.m. Please watch your email closely in August for details on this process
- For those staying for Summer I only:
- Housing ends at noon on June 23. No extension can be made due to Summer II move-ins.
- The summer application opens Monday, April 13, at 10a.m.
- The application does not become available until the next day after a student registers for summer term.
- The deadline to apply for Summer Housing is Wednesday, April 22, at 5p.m.
Summer Semester Rates
Rates for University Apartments:
- Single bedroom: $1990 ($995 per session)
- Double bedroom: $1036 ($518 per session)
Rate for the Village:
- $1036 ($518 per session)
Students who currently live in a double unit in University Apartments, but whose roommate will not be remaining for the summer will be assessed at the single room rate.
Summer rates are billed to the student account twice. Students will see a charge on their e-Bill for the Summer I Session and the Summer II session.
- Go to the Housing Application Portal to access all open housing applications
- When in the Housing Application Portal, make sure to click the CAS SSO PROVIDER link to log-in
- You must have your my.emich user name and password to log in. Log-in requires dual-authentication via DOU
- Please have your credit card ready, as making your prepayment is one of the first steps