Summer Housing

Special notice: Please be advised that the availability of summer housing is not confirmed due to the COVID-19 virus. The information below is what we hope to offer, but is under review at this time and is subject to change/cancellation.

Summer 2020 housing is available to students who are registered for classes for all or part of the summer 2020 term. You must be registered for a least one credit hour in order to be eligible for housing. You will not be able to access the summer housing application without meeting this requirement.

The application opens Monday, April 13, at 10a.m. and will close on Wednesday, April 22, at 5p.m.


  • Buildings C and D will be used. No other residence halls will be available for summer housing
  • Building C consists of four single bedrooms (four people to an apartment)
  • Building D is double room occupancy in three bedrooms and one single bedroom in each unit (seven people to an apartment)
  • Only a limited number of single rooms are available on a first come first serve basis

University Apartments

  • Residents who currently live in Brown, Munson, Cornell and Westview are eligible to apply for their current unit for the summer semester as long as they have reserved the same unit for the 2020-2021 school year
  • We do not offer summer-only housing in any of our apartment areas
  • Students who do not currently live in University Apartments but who have an assignment there for the 2020-2021 school year will need to select the Village for the summer
  • Students who currently live in a double unit in University Apartments, but whose roommate will not be remaining for the summer will be assessed at the single rate

Village Move-In

  • For new, incoming students: Move-in for Summer I takes places on Sunday, May 3. Starting time TBA
  • If you are currently living on-campus and transitioning to the Village for summer, plan on moving fully into the Village on Sunday, May 3, and checking out of your winter assignment the same day
  • Move-In for Summer II Only will be on June 24. Starting time TBA. No early move-ins are permitted.

Move-Out Details

  • For those staying through Summer II:
    • Students who do not have an on-campus fall assignment must be moved out by noon on August 12.  No extensions can be offered. Please plan accordingly, especially if you are moving into an off campus apartment that does not allow an early move-in
    • Students who are moving to a different space for fall 2020 will transition to their new space on Wednesday, August 12, and Thursday, August 13, between the hours of 10a.m. and 2p.m. Please watch your email closely in August for details on this process
  • For those staying for Summer I only:
    • Housing ends at noon on June 23. No extension can be made due to Summer II move-ins.

Application Availability

  • The summer application opens Monday, April 6, at 10a.m.
  • A $150 prepayment will be needed when starting the application
  • The application will not be available until the next day after a student registers for summer term
  • The deadline to apply for Summer Housing is Wednesday, April 22, at 5p.m.

Summer Semester Rates

Rates are for both University Apartments and the Village:

Single bedroom: $1990 ($995 per session)
Double bedroom: $1036 ($518 per session)

Students who currently live in a double unit in University Apartments, but whose roommate will not be remaining for the summer will be assessed at the single room rate.

Summer rates are billed to the student account twice. Students will see a charge for the Summer I Session and the Summer II session. 

Application Access

  • Go to the Housing Application Portal to access all open housing applications
  • When in the Housing Application Portal, make sure to click the CAS SSO PROVIDER link to log-in
  • You must have your my.emich user name and password to log in. Log-in requires dual-authentication via DOU
  • Please have your credit card ready, as making your prepayment is one of the first steps

Skip Section Navigation