Swoop's Food Pantry
Five years ago today, Swoop's Food Pantry opened its doors and has seen enormous growth! Enjoy our Celebration Video as we reflect on the impact Swoop's Food Pantry as had on the EMU Community!
As always, thank you for your continued support!
How to Access the Pantry
Everyone needs a little help sometimes! If you're a current EMU student then you're able to use the food pantry.
- To minimize social contact, the shopping process will be adjusted. When picking up your groceries, please wear face masks and practice responsible social distancing.
- If you are a new student shopper to Swoop's, we require that students complete a Swoop's Food Pantry Intake Form prior to visiting the pantry.
- Visitors to Swoop's can enter through the main entrances on the north side of Pierce Hall near the elevator.
- Online Shopping and Pick-up: Clients are requested to complete an Online Shopping Request Form before arriving. Items will be bagged by staff and brought out to clients when they arrive at 105 Pierce at their scheduled time.
Donations: Items can be dropped off Tuesday from 11 a.m.–5 p.m. and Thursday from 10 a.m.–3 p.m. at John and Angie Sabo Swoop's Food Pantry Room 104 Pierce Hall. Swoop’s can also pick up items from your porch for those in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area. Send an email to [email protected] to arrange a donation pickup
- Items in demand: Rice, barbecue sauce, ramen noodles, dish soap and hand soap
Further food assistance resources can be accessed through various food pantries in Washtenaw County [PDF], free assistance/free hot meals in the Ann Arbor area [PDF], Food Gatherers Need Food? and various food banks located within Michigan [PDF].
Donate or Volunteer
Looking to make a non-perishable item or cash donation? Or simply interested in volunteering your services? If so, visit our donate or volunteer page.
Do You Want to Receive Pantry News Updates
Sign up to receive our Friends of Swoop’s Newsletter by visiting our listserv at https://atari.emich.edu/sympa/subscribe/friends_of_swoop. To subscribe 1) look up our name Friends of Swoop's Food Pantry under Search for list(s) 2) click on [email protected] (Friends of Swoop's Food Pantry) 3) click Subscribe located on the left-hand side of the webpage and 4) enter your email address and name then click the subscription button. Please note: if you receive an error message, close the error textbox and proceed to subscribe using the instructions above.
We will serve anyone regardless of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, political stance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical appearance, disability status, age, pregnancy, any group membership, leave status, veteran status or genetic information. This information will be kept confidential and will not have a negative effect on services provided to you.