Swoop's Food Pantry
Swoop's Food Pantry opened its doors in September 2015 and has seen enormous growth! Enjoy our Celebration Video as we reflect on the impact Swoop's Food Pantry as had on the EMU Community!
As always, thank you for your continued support!
How to Access the Pantry
Everyone needs a little help sometimes! If you're a current EMU student then you're able to use the food pantry.
- To minimize social contact, the shopping process has been adjusted. When picking up your groceries or shopping in-person, please wear face masks and practice responsible social distancing.
- If you are a new student shopper to Swoop's, we require that students complete a Swoop's Food Pantry Intake Form prior to visiting the pantry.
- Visitors to Swoop's can enter through the main entrances on the east side of Pierce Hall near the elevator.
- Online Shopping and Pick-up: Clients are requested to complete an Online Shopping Request Form before arriving. Items will be bagged by staff and clients can pick up their order in 105 Pierce when they arrive at their scheduled time.
- In-Person Shopping during Open Hours: Clients are requested to follow instructions upon entrance of the building to access 201 Pierce for in-person shopping.
Donations: Items can be dropped off on Mondays and Thursday from 12-5 and Wednesdays from 12-6:30 at the John and Angie Sabo Swoop's Food Pantry Room 104 Pierce Hall. Swoop’s can also pick up items from your porch for those in the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti area. Send an email to [email protected] to arrange a donation pickup
- Items in demand: Chicken ramen, mustard, grape jelly, ready to eat meals, and hand sanitizer
- Holiday Drive: If you wish to donate towards our holiday baskets for students in need, you can visit Swoop's Food Pantry Holiday Baskets 2020 to sign up
Further food assistance resources can be accessed through various food pantries in Washtenaw County [PDF], free assistance/free hot meals in the Ann Arbor area [PDF], Food Gatherers Need Food? and various food banks located within Michigan [PDF].
Donate or Volunteer
Looking to make a non-perishable item or cash donation? Or simply interested in volunteering your services? If so, visit our donate or volunteer page.
Do You Want to Receive Pantry News Updates
Sign up to receive our Friends of Swoop’s Newsletter by visiting our listserv at https://atari.emich.edu/sympa/subscribe/friends_of_swoop. To subscribe 1) look up our name Friends of Swoop's Food Pantry under Search for list(s) 2) click on [email protected] (Friends of Swoop's Food Pantry) 3) click Subscribe located on the left-hand side of the webpage and 4) enter your email address and name then click the subscription button. Please note: if you receive an error message, close the error textbox and proceed to subscribe using the instructions above or go directly to the link to subscribe at https://atari.emich.edu/sympa/info/events.
We will serve anyone regardless of race, color, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, political stance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical appearance, disability status, age, pregnancy, any group membership, leave status, veteran status or genetic information. This information will be kept confidential and will not have a negative effect on services provided to you.