Upward Bound members receive the following services during the school year:
- College Club
- Group Meeting
- Freshman Academy
- Sophomore Academy
- Junior Scholars
- Senior Seminar
Upward Bound members receive the following services during the six-week summer component:
- Courses in core subjects that strengthen academic skills and abilities during high school. Courses are taught in small classes, which allow for maximum interaction with teachers. Students may also earn high school credit upon successful completion of these courses.
- Internships designed to expose students to their chosen career field.
- A variety of academic, social and cultural activities planned to introduce members to new experiences that enhance self-esteem, provide opportunities for personal growth and development, and build social skills.
- Field trips to colleges and universities and other places of interest.
- The opportunity to experience college life while living on EMU's campus.