- June 2018 to October 2018 – Request for proposals distributed and publicized across the EMU community
- September 26, 27 and October 1, 2 - Grant writing workshop, 302 Halle Library, 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- October 8, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. - Deadline for grant proposals
- October 2018 to November 2018 – Grant proposals distributed to members for review and voting
- December 2018 – Notification of grant awards
- January 2019 to December 2019 - Project year (money must be spent during this year)
- Spring 2020 or Fall 2020 - Selected awardees may be asked to present results of their projects
- January 15, 2020 - Final written reports due
The Women in Philanthropy at EMU group supports projects that align with the mission and vision of Eastern Michigan University. We are committed to funding projects that demonstrate the following priorities:
- Enhance learning opportunities for Eastern Michigan University faculty, staff, alumni and/or students;
- Improve the Eastern Michigan University climate through support for diverse groups and collaborative efforts;
- Foster creativity and innovation as it relates to Eastern Michigan University; and
- Expand partnerships between Eastern Michigan University and the community.
All Eastern Michigan University employees, university-sponsored alumni and alumni groups, faculty-sponsored students, and university recognized student groups without regard to gender are eligible to apply for awards.
Voting members of Women in Philanthropy at EMU are eligible to submit grant applications and can be listed as faculty sponsors on grant applications, but must refrain from voting during the grant cycle in which they apply.
Applications must be submitted online. The deadline is 5:00 p.m., October 8, 2018.
The online template will ask for the applicant's contact information, title, need for project, how it relates to the WIP grant priorities (above), project objectives, proposed timeline, evaluation plan, partnerships and community groups (if any), personnel, brief summary of project, a budget and proposed use of funds, and relation to other projects (if any).
The online template has embedded instructions. Further questions should be directed to Rae Anne Yuskowatz (email@example.com).
Awards for selected projects will range up to $5,000, and must be spent between January 1 and Dec. 15, 2019.
Awards to students may affect financial aid calculations.
Grantees will be asked to complete a final written report on their project and use of funds no later than January 15th after the completion of the grant year. Grantees may be asked to present their project at an annual Women in Philanthropy at EMU meeting or other University-sponsored events.
If projects are selected, disbursement of funds must comply with EMU policies and procedures. Unspent funds after project year will return to WIP-EMU.
A project that does not receive funding in any particular cycle may re-apply the following year. It is advisable to contact Rae Anne Yuskowatz (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to reapplying.
A funded project is not eligible for a second Women in Philanthropy at EMU award.
The manager of a funded project may apply for an award for another project after one intervening year.