To be considered for the legacy scholarship, each applicant must:
- Have a parent or grandparent who graduated from EMU.
- Be admitted to EMU with full-time status (undergraduate, graduate, or transfer student).
- Submit a fully complete application.
- Write and essay (500 words or less), describing what it means to you to be an EMU legacy.
- Provide a written letter of recommendation (not from a family member).
- Provide a resume that must outline work, awards/honors, extracurricular activities, and volunteer experience.
- Provide official transcripts reflecting at least a 3.2 GPA from most recent institution.
- If you have already been admitted to EMU or are a current EMU student, your transcripts will be pulled through the EMU Admissions Office.
Please note, demonstration of financial need is not a requirement for this scholarship. The Office for Alumni Relations must receive all applications, complete and ready for review, by Friday, March 29, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
You must be enrolled as a full-time student for every semester (fall and winter) this scholarship is received.