To be considered for the legacy scholarship, each applicant must:
- Have a parent or grandparent who graduated from EMU
- Be admitted to EMU as an entering freshman, sophomore, or transfer student
- Submit a fully completed application.
- Write an essay (500 words or less), describing what it means to you to be an EMU Legacy.
- Provide a written letter of recommendation (not from a family member).
- Provide a resume that must outline work, awards/honors, extra curricular activities, and volunteer experience.
- Provide official transcripts reflecting at least a 3.2 grade point average.
- If you have already been admitted to EMU, your transcripts will be pulled through the EMU Admissions Office.
Please note, demonstration of financial need is not a requirement for this scholarship. The Office for Alumni Relations must receive all applications, complete and ready for review, by Friday, May 4, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
In order to remain eligible for the Alumni Legacy Scholarship, all recipients must:
- Earn and maintain a 3.2 grade point average
- Participate in at least 5 service hours at alumni events or other activities sponsored by the Office for Alumni Relations per semester
- Enroll as a full-time students for every semester (fall and winter) this scholarship is received.
The undergraduate scholarship recipients reach full-time status by enrolling in at least 12 credit hours.