Eagle Nutrition Services
Eagle Nutrition Services (ENS) offers a variety of nutrition education and counseling services aimed at improving a person's health, nutrition and longevity.
Housed within the College of Health and Human Services, ENS offers individualized nutrition counseling with Registered Dietitians on a variety of topics such as weight management, disease prevention and management, and sports nutrition. We specialize in DEXA body composition scans, which uses X-ray technology to determine body fat, lean mass, and bone mineral density. Our newly renovated demonstration kitchen offers cooking classes, culinary arts demonstrations, and more.
ENS is coordinated by junior and senior dietetic students under the supervision of Registered Dietitians (RD) and offers services at prices making it possible for everyone to lead a healthy, nutritious lifestyle. Formerly known as the Office of Nutrition Services, ENS has been working with clients on the campus of Eastern Michigan University since 1998.
Eagle Nutrition Services
160 Rackham Hall
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
734.487.6572 | [email protected]
Monday–Thursday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m. Hours may vary based on availability.
When Eastern Michigan University is closed, we are closed. Certain services may have limited availability during holiday breaks and summer months. Check our scheduling page to see the most current availability.
To make an appointment, please call 734.487.6572, email [email protected] or visit our scheduling page to see available appointment times and schedule online. To request a psychological consult at ENS, please complete this brief form and someone will call you to discuss your interest in services.
We are located on the first floor of Rackham Hall on EMU's campus.
The Rackham building address is 845 West Circle Drive, Ypsilanti, MI. Use this address when searching for us by GPS.
We offer two premium parking spots in the Rackham Parking Lot (off of W. Circle Dr). Park at one of the spaces labeled “Reserved for Office of Eagle Nutrition.” Temporary parking passes our available at our front desk, and must be displayed on your windshield for the duration of your appointment. Vehicles parked in these spots without a parking pass are at risk of receiving a parking ticket.
Most GPS systems will bring you to the front of the Rackham building. However, the Rackham Parking Lot is located in the back of the building. Since West Circle Drive is a one-way loop, if you arrive at the front of the building, you will need to to exit the loop by turning right onto Oakwood, then turn right onto W. Circle Dr. again to reach Rackham Parking Lot.
In the event these two premium spots are filled, additional paid parking lots are available:
- Bowen Lot (Next to the Bowen Field House, take Oakwood Dr. to Structure Dr.)
- McKenny Lot (Near McKenny Hall and Jefferson Science Complex, accessible from Oakwood Dr.)
- Pease Lot (Next to Pease Auditorium, take West Cross St. or West Forest Ave. to College Place)
- Find these paid lots on our Interactive map of campus.
- Step-by-Step Driving Directions [PDF]
COVID-19 Safety Precautions
Please note the following COVID-19 Safety Policies:
- All in-person appointments require clients to wear a face mask during your entire visit to campus.
- Clients MUST complete the University's COVID-19 health screen (found at this link COVID Pass) on the day of your appointment which will take about 2 minutes. Once completed, the COVID Pass will send you an email which is needed to enter the Rackham Building and ENS. Visitors to the campus may check the "Visitors" box to enter the health screen.
- Building doors on the first floor of Rackham are locked as part of the campus Safe Return Plan. Follow the signs to the ENS main entrance and a staff member will let you in. If there is not someone there to let you in, call us at: 734-487-6572.
- Once in the building, clients will stop at a screening table to show your COVID Pass email, for a temperature check, and to use hand sanitizer. Please have your COVID Pass email up on your phone, or have a printed copy with you.
- Please visit the EMU Safe web page for more information about the policies enacted to ensure a safe community on campus. ENS-specific information is also available in our ENS COVID-19 Clinic Plan.
- Just remember these two items: face mask and COVID Pass!
Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter or Instagram to keep updated on current health trends.