Flights of Imagination Summer Camp
- Full-day or half-day sessions
- Morning breakfast, noon lunch and mid-afternoon snack provided
- Themed activities every week, virtual field trips, and more!
Flights of Imagination 2023 is a program provided by the Children's Institute at Eastern Michigan University. The summer program at EMU Children's Institute is a theme-oriented, play-based program utilizing the Creative Curriculum. The program will reflect the Michigan Department of Education (MDE) grade level expectations for children going into Kindergarten and First Grade. Our program is supervised by professional teachers from the Institute. Experienced and energetic students at Eastern Michigan University oversee the activities. The program is divided into ten sessions with exciting activities every day. You have the option of enrolling your child in as few as one weekly session or as many as ten weekly sessions.
Your child will make new friends while experiencing fun-filled activities at camp. Professional teachers and EMU students plan fun, educational activities designed to challenge the school-age child.
- Arts and Crafts
- Themed Dramatics
- Special Theme Days
- Campus Trips and Special Events
- Open-Ended Choices
- Active Play Indoors and Out
Programs for toddlers and preschoolers are also available. Please call 734.487.2348 or 734.487.1126 for more information.
*Please note that all half-day sessions must be scheduled for the same times each week.
- 5 days/week
- 7:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.: $160
- 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.: $200
- 4 days/week
- 7:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.: $142
- 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.: $172
- 3 days/week
- 7:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.: $124
- 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.: $144
- 2 days/week
- 7:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.: $106
- 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.: $116
Other fees include:
- Registration Fee $30 (non-refundable, pay annually, one per family)
- Flights of Imagination 2023 T-Shirt $8 (same design as 2022) (non-refundable)
- Vehicle Permit $3 (per-vehicle charge for pick-up and drop-off privileges)
All requests for refunds must be made in writing. All monies, minus the above charges ($38) and a $35 administration fee, will be refunded.
If you have any questions please contact the Children's Institute at 734.487.2348 or 734.487.1126.