For Canvas tech questions call the Canvas Help Desk Instructor Line at 833.277.2150. They are available 24/7 and provide excellent support.
For instructional design support the best way to reach us is by email. Our staff monitors the [email protected] email address Monday through Friday 9 a.m.–5 p.m., and Saturdays until noon.
CFE Virtual Office Hours
For the duration of the Winter 2020 campus shutdown, we will hold virtual office hours Monday through Friday at 10-11 a.m.
Log into our virtual office hour sessions.
Where Students go for Help
You're in your Canvas course but are having tech problems.
Call the Canvas 24/7 Help Desk at 844.326.6322
You're in Canvas but can't see your course.
You can't even log in to Canvas.
Call the EMU IT help desk at 734.487.2120
- For best performance, Canvas should be used on the current or first previous major release of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari. Because it's built using web standards, Canvas runs on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, or any other device with a modern web browser.
- Canvas only requires an operating system that can run the latest compatible web browsers. Your computer operating system should be kept up to date with the latest recommended security updates and upgrades.
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- MacOS X with MacOS 10.9 or later
- Windows 10, 8 or 8.1, 7
- Windows: 10, 8, 7
- Mac: OS X 10.12 or higher
- iOS: 10.0+ (iPad only). Must have a compatible LMS integration. Details.
- Web camera (internal or external) & microphone
- A broadband internet connection