Potential Infrastructure Enhancement Projects
Artistic rendering of planned green space for the Jones-Goddard site.
- Under the agreement, certain infrastructure improvements will begin immediately. Among the first and most significant and visible projects, scheduled to take place later this year, is the demolition of the shuttered Jones and Goddard residence halls. Originally constructed in 1955, the buildings have not been utilized as student housing since 2005.
- Other projects, short-and long-term include:
- Addition of smart meters
- Energy use dashboard with live web display of on-campus energy consumption
- Building automation system upgrades (improve zone/room lighting, automated sensors, and space conditioning of heat and air)
- Water conservation (improving fixtures for optimized water flow)
- Central chilled water plant (for efficiency)
- Convert campus steam to hot water (hot water is more efficient than steam)
- LED lighting upgrades