It is the policy of Eastern Michigan University that all existing and future University programs and activities involving minors must be developed and administered to provide a safe and protective environment for participating minors.
Register your program at least 45 days before the start of your program. Program registration must be renewed every year. Register your program.
Required for all individuals working with minors. Eastern Michigan University's Human Resources will conduct these background check reviews as they are submitted and the Program administrator will be notified of any flags. Background checks must be renewed every three years.
Please keep in mind Background Checks may take from 1-2 days up to a week to run. Programs will also be responsible for the cost of the background check needed. There is an additional cost for doing a driver's records check, which is applicable to any programs that have program staff transporting minors. Costs for all checks may vary and are subject to change.
Information for background checks are submitted on the program registration form.
Training is provided online through Canvas. You will log in with your EMU ID and password. If you do not have one, login information will be provided to you.
Templates & Additional Resources
These are some approved templates for forms you may need as well as additional links to helpful resources.
- EMU Facility Use Addendum [PDF]
- Medication Information Form [PDF]
- Participant Program Application Form [PDF]
- Release and Waiver Form [PDF]
- Transportation Information Form [PDF]
- EMU Conference and Event Services
- EMU Code of Community Responsibility
- EMU Emergency Management Office (For emergency preparedness and response training)
- EMU Emergency Response Procedures
- EMU SAFE Now (For suicide prevention and mental health)
- EMU Police Safety Tips
- Michigan Mandated Reporters' Resource Guide
- Potential Indicators of Neglect