Intensive English Program (IEP) Admission
Intensive English program admission (IEP): Students who wish to study English as a second language (ESL) can apply directly to the Intensive English program (IEP). An English test score is NOT required to apply to the IEP program.
Winter 2018 $1,000 IEP Welcome Award for new IEP students:
- Students must be new to EMU and the Winter 2018 semester is their first semester at EMU.
- Students must be enrolled full-time in the IEP in the Winter 2018 semester.
- Students must be in good academic standing at EMU as of March 1, 2018.
- The $1,000 award will be posted to student emich (tuition) accounts in March 2018.
- The award is for one semester only.
Watch this video for Arabic instructions on how to apply.
Watch this video for Chinese instructions on how to apply.
- Complete the online IEP application. This application includes uploading a copy of your passport.
- Submit your official academic transcripts for you highest level of education.
- If your highest level of education is from an international college or university, request a detailed course-by-course evaluation from Educational Perspectives. After following the instructions, Educational Perspectives will send your report to EMU directly. The ESL Program will notify you when we have received your report from Educational Perspectives.
- If your highest level of education is from an international secondary/high school, send your original, official transcripts directly to the ESL Program in a school-sealed envelope. Transcripts must include an official English translation and cannot be translated by the student.
- Pay the $35 application fee (nonrefundable).
- Complete the Financial Statement for International Applicants and send original financial documents to the ESL Office.
- After you are admitted to the IEP, the IEP will send your admission letter, I-20, and arrival information!
IEP Application Priority Deadlines:
Fall (September–December): Apply by July 1.
Winter (January–April): Apply by October 30.
Summer (May–July): Apply by March 15.
I-20 Shipment Deadlines:
Winter 2018: November 27, 2017
Summer 2018: March 26, 2018
Tuition: IEP students enroll in 18 hours of ESL instruction per week for 15 weeks. The tuition for one semester (15 weeks) is $7800 (USD).
Third Party Proxy Release
International Student Advisor Letter (FLET)
Financial Statement for International IEP Applicants
Questions? Contact us by phone, email, Skype, or Facebook:
Ph) 734-487-0338 Email) firstname.lastname@example.org
Skype) esl.emich Facebook) www.facebook.com/EMUESL
EMU degree program admission: If you would like to be admitted to a degree program, but your English test score is not high enough, you can study in the Intensive English program (IEP) before starting your degree program. When you meet all admission requirements for the degree program, EMU staff will help you update your admission and I-20 to a degree program.