Mathematics and Statistics welcomes Lynn Bahena, Program Administrator of Math Pathways Support
Lynn Bahena comes to EMU with over 10 years of experience in education at the secondary and post-secondary levels, including 4 years as a mathematics faculty member at Washtenaw Community College. She also has extensive experience in student support programs, non-traditional teaching methods and curriculum development. Lynn has a passion for helping struggling learners overcome the obstacles they face in mathematics through support programs that focus not only on developing skills, but also building confidence in their ability to achieve success in the math classroom. Lynn is an Eastern Michigan University Alum (B.S. class of 2003) and also holds the M.A. in Teaching Mathematics from the University of Michigan - Dearborn.
The mission of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics is to instill an appreciation of the intrinsic beauty, the diverse origins, and the practical aspects of mathematics and statistics.
To this end, the department:
- provides students well-balanced academic programs at the baccalaureate and master's degree levels;
- functions as a scholarly unit promoting faculty and student research; and
- serves as a resource for mathematical expertise to the university and to the larger community.
More specifically, the department dedicates itself to:
- providing the highest quality educational experience possible to undergraduate and graduate students within the majors and minors in the Department of Mathematics and Statistics and to students enrolled in General Education Program courses and service courses for other programs;
- fostering involvement in research by both students and faculty; and
- providing meaningful service to the EMU academic community, to the disciplines of our faculty, to the broader mathematical and statistical community, and to the local and regional communities.
Learn more about a major in Data Science and Analytics. Talk with Dr. Andrew Ross.