Housing and Residence Life Fast Facts
Exclusive in-hall programs
Housing and Residence Life hosts over 100 programs each month during the academic year, including 720 social programs focusing on community building, life skills and personal wellness, and 840 educational programs centered on academic success.
Welcome Home 2025
We ave a ton of exciting updates and renovations happening in Housing. Learn more here!
Number of people housed
As of fall 2016, EMU occupancy is 3,895 with 3,253 living in residence halls and 642 in apartments.
- 50 desk assistants
- 12 office managers (OM)
- 110 resident advisors (RA)
- 21 graduate student staff (GHD and others)
- Six full-time live-in complex director’s (CD)
- 13 administrative professionals in central office
- Staff is on duty 365 days of the year
Speed of our internet
Our Residence Halls have Internet technology to handle most of today's technology needs. With Landline and Wifi Internet speeds averaging at least 10Mbps in all residence halls. This is included in the cost or your residence hall and is part of living the full Eastern Experience .
*speeds may vary depending on your exact room location and system configuration and can not be guaranteed.
Benefits of living on-campus
Along with the opportunities convenience and experiences you can only get by living on campus, national research also suggests the students living on campus:
- Have higher GPAs
- Are more involved with campus programs and organizations
- Connect with professors and classmates
- Stay enrolled
- Are more satisfied with their overall college experience