Using Swoop's Pantry
To shop at the pantry, you must currently be enrolled at Eastern Michigan University and will be required to show your current class schedule. You can shop twice a month. You can access the pantry a third time during the month if an emergency occurs.
How to get started using the pantry
Complete the intake form ahead of time before your first visit.
- Make sure you're registered for the current or upcoming term.
- We require that students complete Swoop's Food Pantry Intake Form prior to visiting the pantry. Your information will be kept confidential. Swoop's Food Pantry uses this intake form to gather information to better serve the needs of our customers.
- To minimize social contact, the shopping process has been adjusted. When picking up your groceries or shopping in-person, please wear face masks and practice responsible social distancing.
- Online Shopping and Pick-up: Clients are requested to complete an Online Shopping Request Form before arriving. Items will be bagged by staff and brought out to clients when they arrive at 105 Pierce at their scheduled time.
- In-Person Shopping during Open Hours: Clients are requested to follow instructions upon entrance of the building to access 201 Pierce for in-person shopping.
- Visitors to Swoop's can enter through the main entrances on the north side of Pierce Hall near the elevator.
Note: Please note students are not allowed to pick up food for other students.