Is Your Situation an Emergency?
- You believe you're in danger of hurting yourself or others.
- You have recently been assaulted.
- You have recently lost a loved one.
- You are hearing voices that aren’t there
- You are experiencing psychotic or manic episodes
What to do
During normal business hours, Monday to Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Call CAPS at 734.487.1118.
- Come to the Campus Wellness Center at 1075 North Huron River Drive during regular business hours. (Due to Covid-19 we are not accepting walk-in appointments at this time. Please call if you are in need of a crisis appointment).
- Please arrive no later than 4 p.m. so we have time to help you.
- If you believe that an EMU student is experiencing an emergency, you can call us at 734.487.1118 for a consultation.
After 5 p.m. and on Weekends/Holidays
- Call 9-1-1 if someone is hurt or in immediate danger.
- If you live on campus and have an emergency, call the campus police (734.487.1222).
- Go to a local emergency department:
- Call CAPS at 734.487.1118 for after-hours crisis counseling.
- Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800.273.8255.
- Ulifeline is an organization dedicated to suicide prevention.
- Text the word HELLO to 741-741 to be connected to the Crisis Text Line.