- Ph.D., MSW, MA, Social Work and Sociology, University of Michigan
I am currently serving as the School Director and have been at EMU for almost 20 years. My areas of interest include criminal and juvenile justice, mentoring, child welfare and service learning. I am currently the project director for the Washtenaw County Jail Program. I am a member of the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and the National Association of Social Workers (NASW). I also have a macro and clinical social work license in the state of Michigan. Prior to being the Director I served as the Field Director for 8 years and taught several classes both from the MSW and BSW curriculum.
- Fritz, J., and Walters, B. When the field is in crisis: The impact of world events on field supervision and student learning. Administration & Supervision NASW Specialty Practice Section’s newsletter. Issue 2, Winter, 2011.
- Fritz, J., K., Walters, B., and Krajewski-Jaime, E. (2010). Prisoner re-entry: An assets-based, capacity building community practice pilot program. The International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, 5(2), 579–588.
- Orbuch, T.L., Parry, C., Chesler, M., Fritz, J., and Repetto, P. (2005). Parent-Child Relationships and Quality of Life: Resilience Among Childhood Cancer Survivors. Family Relations, 54, 171–183.
- SWRK 488 Field Experience I
- SWRK 489 Field Experience II
- SWRK 463 Social Work Practice with Legal Offenders
- SWRK 555 Social Work Practice with Groups
- SWRK 630 Action Research