- Ph.D., MSW, MA, Social Work and Sociology, University of Michigan
I am currently serving as the Dean of the College of Health and Human Services and have been at EMU for almost 20 years. My areas of interest include criminal and juvenile justice, mentoring, child welfare and service learning. I am currently the project director for the Washtenaw County Jail Program. I am a member of the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) and the National Association of Social Workers (NASW). I also have a macro and clinical social work license in the state of Michigan. Prior to being the Associate Dean I served as the School Director in Social Work.
- Fritz, J., and Walters, B. When the field is in crisis: The impact of world events on field supervision and student learning. Administration & Supervision NASW Specialty Practice Section’s newsletter. Issue 2, Winter, 2011.
- Fritz, J., K., Walters, B., and Krajewski-Jaime, E. (2010). Prisoner re-entry: An assets-based, capacity building community practice pilot program. The International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, 5(2), 579–588.
- Orbuch, T.L., Parry, C., Chesler, M., Fritz, J., and Repetto, P. (2005). Parent-Child Relationships and Quality of Life: Resilience Among Childhood Cancer Survivors. Family Relations, 54, 171–183.
- SWRK 488 Field Experience I
- SWRK 489 Field Experience II
- SWRK 463 Social Work Practice with Legal Offenders
- SWRK 555 Social Work Practice with Groups
- SWRK 630 Action Research